The Sony alpha a9 III appears for certification

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It looks like Sony is getting set to announce another camera alpha camera body in Q4 of this year, this time it’ll be the alpha a9 III based on recent certification in China along with the rumored roadmap. Sony A9 III Specification [Rumored] Most Sony announcements come between 2-4 months after appearing for these sorts

See full article...

Aug 10, 2021
Why would Sony put a 50mp in the A9mkiii? Who would need a Sony A1 then, especially since some specs are very close to the a1? I highly doubt that...
We'll find out soon! I'm curious about "Up to 60fps Shooting," because I want to know how long can sustain that at 50mp before the buffer fills up?

Upvote 0
I don't think there have been any rumors about the A9iii being 50mp. It's going to be a new sensor, maybe in the 33mp range. Supposedly the fastest FF sensor ever put in a camera, we'll see how that pans out.

A1ii is expected in Q1 next year, prior to the Paris Olympics. Will be interesting to see how the R1 and A1ii compare.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
I don't think there have been any rumors about the A9iii being 50mp. It's going to be a new sensor, maybe in the 33mp range. Supposedly the fastest FF sensor ever put in a camera, we'll see how that pans out.

A1ii is expected in Q1 next year, prior to the Paris Olympics. Will be interesting to see how the R1 and A1ii compare.
No matter what Sony releases, one rarely sees an A1 or A9 in any sporting venue. A crazy nonsensical menu system put them in the rear view mirror. Seriously, one can count them on one hand. If you see one at all. The last A1 evf was locking up and shutting down that camera. It took Sony over 6 months to figure out a fix. A total nightmare. After nearly 2 decades Sony hasn't made a dent in market share and actually lost ground. Now that Canon is releasing it's own stacked sensor devices, Sony mirrorless has basically been lapped.

Upvote 0

jam05

R5, C70
Mar 12, 2019
Meanwhile, the Sony's 6700 is suffering from serious overheating issues. Even with their AUTO Temp = High, this device overheats in 4K 24p mode after about 18 minutes, and even after an hour of waiting. The Sony 6700 camera will overheat again after shooting another 18 minutes of 4K 24p video. This is some serious thermal mismanagement. Guess they'll do better on their $4000 cameras.

Upvote 0
Sep 20, 2020
Meanwhile, the Sony's 6700 is suffering from serious overheating issues. Even with their AUTO Temp = High, this device overheats in 4K 24p mode after about 18 minutes, and even after an hour of waiting. The Sony 6700 camera will overheat again after shooting another 18 minutes of 4K 24p video. This is some serious thermal mismanagement. Guess they'll do better on their $4000 cameras.
It is not a Canon so people will not make a big deal out of it.
At least Sony released the FX30 first.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
No matter what Sony releases, one rarely sees an A1 or A9 in any sporting venue. A crazy nonsensical menu system put them in the rear view mirror. Seriously, one can count them on one hand. If you see one at all. The last A1 evf was locking up and shutting down that camera. It took Sony over 6 months to figure out a fix. A total nightmare. After nearly 2 decades Sony hasn't made a dent in market share and actually lost ground. Now that Canon is releasing it's own stacked sensor devices, Sony mirrorless has basically been lapped.
@neuroanatomist you are the expert in sales figures. Have Sony MILCs not made a dent in market share over two decades?

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2021
What level of sporting event?
I see other Sony cameras for video but a9 and a1 seem to be their photography cameras at top tier sporting events.
At Premier League football with me viewing on TV I see a mix of roughly 50-60% Canon and 30-40% Sony. Still a lot of DSLRs being used as you can here them once play gets closer to goal. At the UFC events it seems to be overwhelming Sony but again I viewing both on TV and not there to verify anything for sure. Purely based on counting big whites with red rings vs big whites with orange ones

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
No matter what Sony releases, one rarely sees an A1 or A9 in any sporting venue. A crazy nonsensical menu system put them in the rear view mirror. Seriously, one can count them on one hand. If you see one at all.
Given that Sony provides cameras to the AP, it seems likely there would be plenty of them at major sporting events. Maybe you’re talking about minor/local sports, or maybe your counting skills need a little work.

After nearly 2 decades Sony hasn't made a dent in market share and actually lost ground. Now that Canon is releasing it's own stacked sensor devices, Sony mirrorless has basically been lapped.
Making asinine statements like that does wonders for your credibility. Even if numbers are hard for you (that counting problem I mentioned earlier), the simple fact that Sony took the #2 spot away from Nikon should make it obvious to anyone that Sony gained market share. In fact, Sony had 26% of the camera market in 2022, up from barely over 10% a decade ago and more than double Nikon’s 12% share.

Canon has made gains in mirrorless and is now the #1 MILC brand by units sold, but they’re ahead of Sony only by a very slim margin.

Try to get your facts straight, that really helps if you want to have an intelligent discussion. But then, maybe you don’t.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0