The Updated Canon Rumors Site & Forum Will Launch Sunday Evening (EST)

Jul 21, 2010
Where did the top right 'show replies to threads you have participated in' (forgive me, I don't recall the exact verbiage) link go? How do I stay on top of threads I'm currently part of?

Click/tap the menu icon at the top left. The ‘new posts’ option has the same behavior as the prior ‘show unread posts’ option at the top right of the old format.
8A7C692E-5459-4F03-917D-517BB75ACBB9.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Click/tap the menu icon at the top left. The ‘new posts’ option has the same behavior as the prior ‘show unread posts’ option at the top right of the old format.
View attachment 179348

That would be lovely, but no dice.

I can't drill down on the up/down '^' symbol next to Forums or Blog. It's frozen for me:

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 8.43.12 AM.png

No idea if this is a bug (I'm on MacOS High Sierra + Firefox) or perhaps our new Administrator ;) has more access privileges than we do?

- A

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada

I can't drill down on the up/down '^' symbol next to Forums or Blog. It's frozen for me:

View attachment 179352

No idea if this is a bug (I'm on MacOS High Sierra + Firefox) or perhaps our new Administrator ;) has more access privileges than we do?

- A

Same here.

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
I may have figured it out. I don't know if you can see the new ones since yesterday until now, but you can setup it up so you can see new replies starting now.
Go to alerts on top right of screen -> preferences -> content options -> check Automatically watch content you create… and Automatically watch content you interact with…
Then I think it will give you an alert each time someone replies to a thread you have replied to.

Will use this for now, but I am afraid that hitting like on something coupled with 'automatically watch content you interact with...' might blow out my queue. I'll skip that one for now.

But I just turned on the 'watch what I create'. Good looking out, thanks.

- A

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

View attachment 179352

I suspect a desktop vs. mobile issue. When logged out, I can still drill down into the Forum submenu, on my iPad (which is the source of the screenshot above) and iPhone. But on my Mac (High Sierra + Safari), I cannot open that submenu. I guess for now the ‘better optimized for mobile’ is a little too well optimized.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Will use this for now, but I am afraid that hitting like on something coupled with 'automatically watch content you interact with...' might blow out my queue. I'll skip that one for now.

But I just turned on the 'watch what I create'. Good looking out, thanks.

- A
I've turned that on yet see no change.

Upvote 0