The writing on the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

briansquibb

CJRodgers said:
Out of interest,

If / when mirrorless cameras are as good as dslr in every aspect (assuming they would be in the market at roughly the same price), what would you prefer to use for professional work?

I am not a professional, but i hope to be one day. I get the feeling id feel more comfortable with something more substantial and robust in my hand than a mirrorless. I think it just looks and feels more professional. Does anyone else agree with this or am I being naive? Or is it just to hard to say that until the day mirrorless is as good as dslr.

The only interest is getting the best IQ in the easiest fashion. What is in the body is of no interest to me providing it delivers

Upvote 0
P

PhilDrinkwater

jrista said:
Many people, such as myself, prefer to see a REAL image through the viewfinder, rather than a replicated one on a tiny electronic screen with limited resolution. It will be quite some time before there is a major shift from DSLR type cameras to mirrorless cameras, and the two service partially different demographics that simply overlap...neither cover exactly the same range of photographer types.
This is the point for me too. I simply wouldn't use one 'cos I often stand in a corner and wait for the perfect expression when doing a wedding. I need to see massive detail to be able to do that. Plus, I want to use my camera as it is, ergonomically.

Fundamentally I'm not going to take a camera system which is worse than what I have right now.

I've no doubt that mirrorless cameras have their market - and good on those manufacturers who spotted the gap - but it's not something that most pros are going to want to use for the majority of their work. I might have one as a second camera for hols and stuff, but it's not going to be my tool of choice.

Upvote 0
Jul 25, 2011
briansquibb said:
Mirrorless
Backlit sensor
APS-C 28mb
Weatherproof
Full 1DX AF
10 fps
dual CF
Electronic Viewfinder

Unless Canon deliver this by April 1 for a price tag of less than $1000 then they will go the same way as Kodak

:'( :'( :'(

Vou poisson d'avril as the french would say.

You forgot the 8-1200 f1.0 zoom lens in the kit

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2010
CJRodgers said:
Out of interest,

If / when mirrorless cameras are as good as dslr in every aspect (assuming they would be in the market at roughly the same price), what would you prefer to use for professional work?
I am not a professional either. If the mirrorless was as good as (including ergonomics) the DSLR, I would use mirrorless any time. It would be lighter, better balance for the hand and no mirror vibrationthat will allow me to hand hold at a lower speed. The existing mirrorless (except one) has poor ergonomics,slow AF and rediculusly large lenses. The exception that I have memtioned is the Leica M9 with manual focusing. Too bad that the price is so high, $8000 body only.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.