Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><strong>Nothing much going on

<span style="font-weight: normal;">I’ve received no great rumors over the weekend. I’m sure they’ll heat up soon.</span></strong></p>
<p>I’ll be emailing some folks tonight to see if there’s any new info.</p>
<p><strong>24-70 f/2.8L IS

<span style="font-weight: normal;">Received my first bit of info about such a lens today. It comes from a Canon employee that advised someone to “wait a </span></strong><strong><span style="font-weight: normal;">bit” before buying the existing version of the lens.</span> </strong></p>
<p>This sort of this can happen from time to time.</p>
<p><strong>1Ds Mark IV

<span style="font-weight: normal;">Nothing on this camera, just some bad rumors floating around right now.</span> </strong></p>
<p>More soon.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>
<p class="facebook"><a href="http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/08/this-and-that/" target="_blank" title="Share on Facebook">Share on Facebook</a></p>

S

scalesusa

unfocused said:
Another forum is predicting a 39mp sensor on the MarkIV. I'm curious what that scales to on crop sensor. In other words, what would the current 18mp sensors be if they were full frame?

18 X 1.6 X 1.6 = approx 46mp FF equivalent for the 7D.

A 39mp FF sensor would have the density of the 50D or about 15mp.

Since Canon has manufactured 15mp sensors for a while now, they probably know how to improve the ISO, DR, etc at that density, and also know about what their yield would be in a FF manufacturing process.

Upvote 0
J

Justin

Weather sealed for sure. Internal zoom doesn't matter as much for me. IS would be good. Improved corner sharpness stopped down, better flare control, and sharper at 70mm.

MadButcher said:
I hope the successor of the 24-70 will be weathersealed.
And one fixed length on the outside like the 70-200's.
So no dust can enter the shifting sides.

Upvote 0
Jul 20, 2010
Whatever Canon is going to announce in the coming few weeks better be revolutionary like Sony's SLT A55. The Nikon D7000 and D3100 already seem so passe... True, the A55 may not possess any special technology but Sony has cleverly put together several old technologies (non-flipping partial mirror, EVF, articulate screen, good sensor) to produce a small, lightweight, cheap, all-round-capable camera. Now, if only Sony invests more effort in their lens department. :)

I love competition.

Upvote 0
J

Justin

I agree completely. I think Canon really has its work cut out for it when it comes to producing a revolutionary tool, not an iterative one like it has been for some time. 5D2 was the closest thing and that was 2 years ago. Time for something new Canon. Time to top that camera and surprise s all with great new features. Yes lenses are key to its strategy going forward and will help Canon dominate its segment, but the body is the core of the system and needs to be something special. I for one would really like to see Canon update its lenses that many people will use. Refreshing the big whites seems very niche to me.

Nikon did something surprising with its walk-around 28-300, and hopefully very special with its 85 1.4. Canon, your turn.

Woody said:
Whatever Canon is going to announce in the coming few weeks better be revolutionary like Sony's SLT A55. The Nikon D7000 and D3100 already seem so passe... True, the A55 may not possess any special technology but Sony has cleverly put together several old technologies (non-flipping partial mirror, EVF, articulate screen, good sensor) to produce a small, lightweight, cheap, all-round-capable camera. Now, if only Sony invests more effort in their lens department. :)

I love competition.

Upvote 0
S

Sebastian

MadButcher said:
I hope the successor of the 24-70 will be weathersealed.

The current 24-70 is sealed, so why shouldn't a new one be?

MadButcher said:
And one fixed length on the outside like the 70-200's.

No, I think the current design with the fixed hood and the "inversely" moving front element is rather clever idea.

Regards,

Sebastian

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.