*UPDATE* Canon EF 135 f/1.8L IS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found the following picture and I don't know what to think about it.
There were some texts below the picture but I don't know how to treat it.

"Dies ist eine Fälschung. Ich machte einen Witz von Ihnen. C'est une blague. Si tratta di uno scherzo. Esto es una broma. Это шутка. Đây là một trò đùa. Hii ni mzaha. 這是一個笑話。Ĉi tiu estas ŝerco."

Could it be new EF 135??????? Help, I must know when this is available!

Attachments

• ef 135 f15.jpg
    ef 135 f15.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,275
Upvote 0
Caps18 said:
Wouldn't the 135mm f/1.4 be a white lens? It would have to be big enough, but would be a cool lens to have if you were a fashion photographer. ;D

It is kind of weird that it goes from 85mm f/1.2 to 135mm f/2 and increases 3 steps.

It's all white but in protective coat as this is so rare, that might be stolen immadietaly. I've seen a valuable reward for delivering it in mint condition. It contains 16 fluorite elements so except white paint it's cover is made of Peltier cooler and it comes with helium filled baloons for easier handling (it's not easy to handhold 15kg lens), fortunately 7 steps operating IS helps a lot....

Upvote 0
Mar 13, 2012
marekjoz said:
I have found the following picture and I don't know what to think about it.
There were some texts below the picture but I don't know how to treat it.

"Dies ist eine Fälschung. Ich machte einen Witz von Ihnen. C'est une blague. Si tratta di uno scherzo. Esto es una broma. Это шутка. Đây là một trò đùa. Hii ni mzaha. 這是一個笑話。Ĉi tiu estas ŝerco."

Could it be new EF 135??????? Help, I must know when this is available!

It says, in many languages (but not in English, not sure why), that it's a joke.

Upvote 0
Re: Canon EF 135 f/1.8L IS

dadgummit said:
Why would a portrait lens need a focus limiting switch? Isn't that a Macro thing?

Not really. 200/2.8 II has it (1.5 - 3.5 m and 3.5 m - infinity IIRC).

Let's say you're using one of the great whites to cover a football, sorry, soccer match. You are positioned on one side of the pitch, the action is on the other side of it. Imagine your lens turning from MFD all the way to infinity, and back again. Many moments would be lost there. :)

Upvote 0
Its hard to imagine the 135L improving and i know thats been said about a lot of lenses but this lens pretty much never fails. I suppose the glass would somehow be improved with the latest coatings and somehow be made to handle higher resolution cameras. I think their lens lineup is gearing up to support a high mega pixel camera. Shoot i read 5yrs ago about them developing a 50 mp sensor but they were smart enough to not release it since the computer and memory age really hadn't made it very affordable to handle tons of files at that resolution in an efficient manner.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.