Wait for 5D4 or go for 5D3/6D right now ?

Jan 29, 2011
Maiaibing said:
privatebydesign said:
you are more of an idiot than I thought.

Since everyone can read the thread for themselves - including what I actually wrote - I'll just let this very telling outburst of defensive blah stand for itself.

As you will, but you are very mistaken if you took my comments as defensive. I think you gave the OP very bad and inappropriate advice, that you then saw fit to come and goad me weeks later is a measure of your defensiveness, not mine.

Indeed you are feeling so inadequate about your appalling 'advice' you can't even answer my simple questions, nor accept that a 5D MkIV will not be 'on the shelves' before June.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
privatebydesign said:
Maiaibing said:
alextang0112 said:
Hey guys,
My old DSLR body is canon 400D....it's very very out of fashion.

I'm going to take a 2-week trip to Germany in June and I should bring a good and reliable camera with me at then.

Should I wait for 5D4 ?

If we are talking June and you are considering a 5DIV wait - it will be on the shelf at that time for sure. Already in SEP 2014 Canon said a high megapix body was on the way because Canon customers wanted it and needed it. This was reiterated in DEC. Its coming now.

And you know that because you have inside knowledge on Canon's release dates and supply schedules, or because it is what you, personally, hope for?

Further, who said the 5D MkIV will be high MP and why do you think the OP might need that?

Hi there Maiaibing,

How is that advice of yours looking now? Now we are in Feb and the 5D MkIV isn't even rumoured to be announced let alone released until late 2015, it certainly isn't going to be anywhere before June! And the new 5DS and 5DS R, which are almost certainly not the cameras best suited for the OP, are not due for first patch deliveries until June, which even if they were the camera for the OP and he got one in the first batch, leave precious little time for getting to know it before the big June trip.

I don't think you could have been more wrong or given worse advice.

Upvote 0
privatebydesign said:
privatebydesign said:
Maiaibing said:
alextang0112 said:
Hey guys,
My old DSLR body is canon 400D....it's very very out of fashion.

I'm going to take a 2-week trip to Germany in June and I should bring a good and reliable camera with me at then.

Should I wait for 5D4 ?

If we are talking June and you are considering a 5DIV wait - it will be on the shelf at that time for sure. Already in SEP 2014 Canon said a high megapix body was on the way because Canon customers wanted it and needed it. This was reiterated in DEC. Its coming now.

And you know that because you have inside knowledge on Canon's release dates and supply schedules, or because it is what you, personally, hope for?

Further, who said the 5D MkIV will be high MP and why do you think the OP might need that?

Hi there Maiaibing,

How is that advice of yours looking now? Now we are in Feb and the 5D MkIV isn't even rumoured to be announced let alone released until late 2015, it certainly isn't going to be anywhere before June! And the new 5DS and 5DS R, which are almost certainly not the cameras best suited for the OP, are not due for first patch deliveries until June, which even if they were the camera for the OP and he got one in the first batch, leave precious little time for getting to know it before the big June trip.

I don't think you could have been more wrong or given worse advice.

My advice was correct and spot-on. Snipping part of what I have written just makes you look even more ridicoulous.

The original poster knows much, much more today about the 5DIV, about the high megapixx camera, about Canon's strategy for its next high end bodies, about Canon's pricing and s marketing strategy. All it took was a few weeks - exactly as I argued for. So now the time is ripe time for a much better informed decision. OP is going on holiday in June - he could - and should - of course wait a couple of weeks as suggested.

"I have no idea if there will be a 5DIV ever or what it will look like if there is. But I'd be very happy to take a substantial bet on Canon launching a high megapix camera before June. Will it be called 5DIV? This was how the question was put to the forum - and why I used that in my answer. I am sure the original poster understands."

Your personalised attacks are irrelevant, counter-factual and boring. I will never ever read one of your posts again or participate in another exchange with you.

Upvote 0