What would youdo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled10 said:
I would either put towards full frame (maybe 5dc)

or invest in some wider/faster glass, have you considered the 28/1.8?

If you do weddings, I assume you can afford a 5D Mark II. There is no reason to buy a 12mp camera from 2005 if you are a professional wedding photographer. Get a new 5D Mark II if you want to spend about $2k for superb IQ.

Upvote 0
bdunbar79 said:
untitled10 said:

If you do weddings, I assume you can afford a 5D Mark II. There is no reason to buy a 12mp camera from 2005 if you are a professional wedding photographer. Get a new 5D Mark II if you want to spend about $2k for superb IQ.

+1

I do weddings myself, and I would never EVER buy a f4 lens. Way too slow. I shoot almost exclusively with 1.4 lenses. with my 70-200 2.8 IS II L being the exception.

i say get the 70-200 2.8 is version I.

or yes, go for the 5d2

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

Tcapp said:
bdunbar79 said:
untitled10 said:

+1

I do weddings myself, and I would never EVER buy a f4 lens. Way too slow. I shoot almost exclusively with 1.4 lenses. with my 70-200 2.8 IS II L being the exception.

i say get the 70-200 2.8 is version I.

or yes, go for the 5d2

Seems that flash is out of fashion. DOF is an issue with fast lens. Taking closeup pictures at less than F/4 with lead to missing pictures from OOF eyes unless you are on very wa lens

The 70-200 f/2.8II is a great lens for outdoor shots where there is a bit of room

Upvote 0
rtorres said:
Hi guys, i do weddings andi have a 60D + 50 f1.4 and a 17-40 f4L with a 580 EXII. I have a canon Xsi as a backup body. i was thinking to buy a new body to replace Xsi. But i'm not shure. other opcion is to buy one lens, like the 70-200 f4 or the 100mm macro 2.8L to complement my two lenses. What would you do? I also do indoor and outdoor sesions. Thanks :)
I am not assuming that just because you do wedding photography you have the budget or the willingness to move into FF. That depends on many things beyond the scope of this short reply/discussion.
You have listed three things that you can buy with the budget that you have. That means you have a budget or around US$1000 or equivalent. Here is what I would have done if I were you. I would sell the 17-40L and buy some faster standard zoom (f/2.8 17-50/55mm). On top of that I would either buy T3i or if budget permits the new T4i to replace Xsi. After doing all these my next target would be the 100mm 2.8L (especially when you do not seem to have any 85mm optics, this would be a nice addition to your kit - both as a macro and as a portrait lens). Since you shoot crop cameras, keep an eye open for the new sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 OS, especially if you have an option to try it out. It might be a good addition to your kit in future.

Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

RAKAMRAK said:
rtorres said:
Hi guys, i do weddings andi have a 60D + 50 f1.4 and a 17-40 f4L with a 580 EXII. I have a canon Xsi as a backup body. i was thinking to buy a new body to replace Xsi. But i'm not shure. other opcion is to buy one lens, like the 70-200 f4 or the 100mm macro 2.8L to complement my two lenses. What would you do? I also do indoor and outdoor sesions. Thanks :)
I am not assuming that just because you do wedding photography you have the budget or the willingness to move into FF. That depends on many things beyond the scope of this short reply/discussion.
You have listed three things that you can buy with the budget that you have. That means you have a budget or around US$1000 or equivalent. Here is what I would have done if I were you. I would sell the 17-40L and buy some faster standard zoom (f/2.8 17-50/55mm). On top of that I would either buy T3i or if budget permits the new T4i to replace Xsi. After doing all these my next target would be the 100mm 2.8L (especially when you do not seem to have any 85mm optics, this would be a nice addition to your kit - both as a macro and as a portrait lens). Since you shoot crop cameras, keep an eye open for the new sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 OS, especially if you have an option to try it out. It might be a good addition to your kit in future.

Hope this is helpful.

I like the idea of upgrading the 17-40 by 17-55 - providing you are not thinking of buying a 5DII/5DIII

Upvote 0

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
bdunbar79 said:
untitled10 said:

The 5Dc is a fine camera. Still produces the goods if you cannot afford the Mk2 or Mk3. Here is a shot of some interesting light I saw on my night-stand @ ISO 3200 Processed in LR3 just fine.

Attachments

• img_0605-2.jpg
    img_0605-2.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 439
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.