Where to buy Canon gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dturano

If you live in the NYC area, B&H or adorama are great places to get Canon gear. If your out on the island check out Cameta Camera or Berger-Bros. I find Cameta to have the best prices, i even check there ebay auctions becasue they list prices lower even than there retail site and store, they have no issue price matching and I can drive and pick up from there warehouse.

I usually order from Abesofmaine to save on tax but service and shipping times can be spotty.

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
To me this sounds like a luxury problem :) I live in Norway, and the prices in the U.S. are extremely low compared to here. Right now I have a friend of me popping by B&H to buy me a 2x teleconverter mk III (which saves me 314 $ from the norwegian price).

If I can add a question to your original one... I might be attending a week course at Harvard this summer, and I don't think the schedule allows me a trip to NY, so I wondered if there are any good places you know in Boston or in the MA area where I can get B&H prices and quality?

Upvote 0

Mt Spokane Photography

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 25, 2011
The main difference with Costco cameras is that often the manufacturers include extras, such as two lenses, or add memory cards or cases, even printers in some cases.

This makes it a product with a different sku / bar code from that sold in camera stores, so prices cannot be easily compared. Its the manufacturers solution to allow discounting by adding extra goodies.

However, the Canon or Nikon body or lens is no different.

Upvote 0
...discounting by adding extra goodies.

As Quasimodo said, it's not a bad problem to have if all the equipment is the same in quality. I wish I had something to suggest regarding Boston. Hopefully someone else can offer up a suggestion or two. :)

If my understanding is correct from the experiences noted with the brick and mortar vs warehouse vs online... If I'm looking for service and to build a relationship there are a few to stick with in the NYC area and equipment standards are the same regardless where it is purchased.

Curiously, or interestingly, I'm not sure which, nobody seems to have made mention or online options.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.