You Wanted it, and Canon Is Delivering. The PC-E2 is Coming This Week

Jul 21, 2010
Where's the preorder link?!?

shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
In defense of this thing, the photo on Canon's website of how you can wrap it around your camera and use the attached strap to secure it on the camera makes it seem like at least a somewhat worthwhile product.

And while everyone bashes and jokes about it for soft corners and lack of card slots, looking at the actual website, it seems that the PC-E2 is not so much in improved PC-E1, as it is a smaller version of it. The PC-E2 specifically says it can only be used with smaller cameras, whereas the PC-E1 photos show it in use with a 5D MkIV.

I don't think Canon is trying to proport this as an improved version of the PC-E1 as much as they're just saying it's a smaller one to be used with the smaller DSLRs.

Canon does a lot of stuff to get us to spend money, this does not appear to be one of them. It's just a smaller one for smaller cameras.

Attachments

• HR_PCE2_3_xl.jpg
    HR_PCE2_3_xl.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 288
Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
Kit Lens Jockey said:
the photo on Canon's website of how you can wrap it around your camera

Exactly, it's something for people used to the noble tradition and art of origami.

As myself, I guess I will forget how to properly fold and wrap it around my camera quite soon, and after some Donald Duck attempts, I will get an ugly blob from which the camera would slip out easily.

More or less like some foldable light shapers, and other items, which I never learn how to fold and put everything into the box properly.

Jokes aside, it could be a simple option to protect your camera when you need nothing more, even if the price looks at Canon levels. But in the heat of 6DII and SL2 release, it was simply too funny to mock it....

Upvote 0