Zoo Pics 4

Thread 3 is now eleven pages long, so I am starting a new thread 4. This is for photos taken in any captive facility. It could be a traditional zoo or a wildlife park or an aquarium or a living museum or similar. Animals are the obvious subjects, but if you get a nice shot of a zoo building or garden feel free to post it.

I will start off with a very recent shot from Heritage Park Zoo in Prescott, USA. It is a six or seven month old Canada lynx.

Canon 5D4 and 70-200 f2.8L (original non-IS), handheld. Since my version of PS Elements does not recognize RAW files from my new 5D4, I converted to a DNG first and then edited with Elements.

Attachments

• Hood lynx.jpg
    Hood lynx.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 569
Animals at the zoo are not always captive. Here are two wild native birds I photographed today on the grounds of Arizona Sonora Desert Museum (a zoo dedicated to the Sonoran Desert). Both images were cropped, since 70-200 is currently my longest telephoto lens. Taken with 5D4.

Attachments

• pyrrhuloxia A1735.JPG
    pyrrhuloxia A1735.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 490
  • cactus wren A1837.JPG
    cactus wren A1837.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0
MrFotoFool said:
Animals at the zoo are not always captive. Here are two wild native birds I photographed today on the grounds of Arizona Sonora Desert Museum (a zoo dedicated to the Sonoran Desert). Both images were cropped, since 70-200 is currently my longest telephoto lens. Taken with 5D4.
Very nice set!

Upvote 0
Giving this a bump in the hopes that others besides me will contribute. (The previous zoo threads had several contributors).

A recent shot of a fishing cat from San Diego Zoo. 5D4 with a 300 2.8L IS (that I just picked up used for an unbelievably good price).

Attachments

• fishing cat A4288.JPG
    fishing cat A4288.JPG
    481 KB · Views: 225
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Cool shot, Kit.
smile.png

Upvote 0