|This site contains affiliate links to products and services. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.|
An optical formula for a 12-60mm f/2-4 for 1.5″ sensors has appeared. Egami is suggesting this development could be for the PowerShot G1 X Mark II successor, as that lens is 12.5-65mm f/2-3.9.
Patent publication number 2016-212248 (Google Translated)
- Release date 2016.12.15
- Application date 2015.5.8
- Zoom ratio 4.72
- Focal length 12.84 20.16 60.62
- F number 2.06 3.50 4.02
- Half angle of view (degree) 41.74 28.80 10.33
- Image height 9.22 10.23 11.25
- Lens total length 83.06 84.07 101.55
- BF 8.02 12.32 13.44
We expect to see some enthusiast PowerShot cameras announced in the very near future.