The Updated Canon Rumors Site & Forum Will Launch Sunday Evening (EST)

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Nice work guys.

With this new version, is there a way to get all the new posts since our last visit?

ETA: Sorry, almost the same question as ahsanford.

Yes, that's coming... we're still working on a couple of things.. then options like that will come live.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
How do some members have 'active member' under their Avatar and others have a personal script? Was that ported over of just in a field I haven't discovered in Account Settings?

Left side of screen, Settings -> Account Details -> About you
Thats where it says 1DX for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
We've run into a bug that requires the attention of a specific developer, he should be on it some time overnight (EST), and we hope to get it sorted some time tomorrow.

What's still to come....
  • New canonrumors.com site theme
  • Tying the new site to the forum, so the comments button works and some added functionality.
  • Full functionality of the side bar menu on the forum, it's currently not working like it should.
So things you may think that are working incorrectly likely are. Thank-you for your patience and we hope this is all resolved within the next 24 hours.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
Small bug (or new implementation?) found: hitting reply only includes the last post's content omits any in-line quotes that go along with it.

I personally like this as a fat reduction move in long, bloated posts. But it should be an opt-in sort of proposition I think, one where we know it will be a long reply and we actively cut out content.

By limiting the reply to just the last thing said, context will be lost more often than not.

- A

Upvote 0

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
One more small thing to keep an eye on: I've set my Account settings to not show if I'm online, and in the general forum main page my name is not listed. Thumbs up. :)

But my avatar still has an 'online' green dot flag that says "Online now" when I mouseover. That should probably go away, ya?

Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 3.36.18 PM.png

(Not remotely a priority, but just a heads up.)

- A

Upvote 0

pwp

Oct 25, 2010
Trying to get used to the new look.
ONE thing I"m missing, and maybe I just don't know where to find it....

The first thing I used to check on on the forum page, was at the top where I could click the link and it would show me active threads I was on that had gotten replies since I last was on.

Is this functionality gone on the new site, or just hidden somewhere new?

Thanks in advance,

cayenne
Me too, this is a daily go-to function for me. I went looking but can't easily find it.
-pw

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Me too, this is a daily go-to function for me. I went looking but can't easily find it.
-pw
Seems that at this point, some functionality present on the mobile version has a bug in the desktop version. On mobile (iPhone, iPad for me), tapping the menu icon at top left allows access to the Forum submenu, that's blocked on desktop browsers, but hopefully fixed soon.

Once there, you can select the Filters dropdown, and add to the unread thread filter one which shows threads in which you've participated.

IMG_4348.jpg

Upvote 0
Seems that at this point, some functionality present on the mobile version has a bug in the desktop version. On mobile (iPhone, iPad for me), tapping the menu icon at top left allows access to the Forum submenu, that's blocked on desktop browsers, but hopefully fixed soon.

Once there, you can select the Filters dropdown, and add to the unread thread filter one which shows threads in which you've participated.

View attachment 179358

You are now a Hyperactive Member.
Perhaps you can get some Ritalin to help with that.:D

Upvote 0