Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R6

Also, we are still supposed to have something special left for stills, at least for the R5 but maybe for the R6 also. But anyway, for me the hype is over since the price reveal. Or my poverty reality reveal :rolleyes:
Also gonna take the Samyang 85 instead of the Canon 85 since I hoped for 1:1 macro and not 1:2, for an f2 I find it inbetween everthing... missing every purpose. Not a real Macro, not a real portrait (f2 is still ok, but not really for me). So Nothing for me :cry:
I hope whatever is in store for the R5 we don't know about yet, is in store for the R6 as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
and probably no DPAF in FF 4K recording (like the 1DX3).

This misconception will just never die, will it? The 1DX3 has DPAF in FF 4K/RAW 30/25/24fps. Only 60/50fps full-frame 4K/RAW modes don't have AF. Which is not especially surprising given the massive amount of data that needs to be handled.

Upvote 0

Kharan

R6, RP, bunch of lenses
Nov 9, 2018
This misconception will just never die, will it? The 1DX3 has DPAF in FF 4K/RAW 30/25/24fps. Only 60/50fps full-frame 4K/RAW modes don't have AF. Which is not especially surprising given the massive amount of data that needs to be handled.
OK, sorry, I got that wrong. Let's hope Canon didn't hit the R6 with their magical hammer then.

Upvote 0

JayLT

EOS 90D
Jul 8, 2020
Also, we are still supposed to have something special left for stills, at least for the R5 but maybe for the R6 also. But anyway, for me the hype is over since the price reveal. Or my poverty reality reveal :rolleyes:
Also gonna take the Samyang 85 instead of the Canon 85 since I hoped for 1:1 macro and not 1:2, for an f2 I find it inbetween everthing... missing every purpose. Not a real Macro, not a real portrait (f2 is still ok, but not really for me). So Nothing for me :cry:

I'll be keeping my EF macro lenses for now as well if I decide to go with an R5 or R6. I am curious to see how well the IBIS helps when using the MP-E65 lens, as it should help get some higher magnification shots hand-held.

The 100mm f/2.8L IS is my go to for macro work now though

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
OK, sorry, I got that wrong. Let's hope Canon didn't hit the R6 with their magical hammer then.
It's more of a mythical hammer than a magical hammer. They have just prioritized reliability over 'specs' and if they have not been able to implement something well then they don't implement it. Of course their is differentiation but that is not a cripple hammer. If they can put good features in a camera there has been a camera with those features in it.

Upvote 0
Sep 17, 2014
I think that is confirmed now with the words 'based on the flagship sensor'. I know I read it somewhere on one of these threads

Makes sense economically to reuse the 1DX sensor and not design a completely new one.
Having 1DX image quality and speed in a $2000 body is a dream by itself.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Kharan

R6, RP, bunch of lenses
Nov 9, 2018
Wonder if they'll be putting the 1DX III sensor in this.
Nokishita posted some thing that confirmed it.

It's more of a mythical hammer than a magical hammer. They have just prioritized reliability over 'specs' and if they have not been able to implement something well then they don't implement it. Of course their is differentiation but that is not a cripple hammer. If they can put good features in a camera there has been a camera with those features in it.
I beg to differ, and I think most people do as well. The lack of 24p recording in many recent models was just one of many, many examples. Differentiation is fine, one can't expect to purchase a flagship body new for $500, but when stuff is disabled in FW for ??? reasons, then that's just plain crippling.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

Dec 6, 2016
Nokishita posted some thing that confirmed it.

I beg to differ, and I think most people do as well. The lack of 24p recording in many recent models was just one of many, many examples. Differentiation is fine, one can't expect to purchase a flagship body new for $500, but when stuff is disabled in FW for ??? reasons, then that's just plain crippling.
I think you need to understand the difference between a cripple hammer and a poor decision based on logical thoughts. It was a camera aimed at people who have no idea of how to do video and therefore had the frame rate that most people would use. They were probably thinking that if someone knows enough to want the 'cinematic look'(whatever that is) that they would probably want a decent video camera anyway and would not be looking at the super low end bits of kit. They were wrong and rectified it. That is NOT what the supposed cripple hammer is

Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

Dec 6, 2016
Upvote 0