Here are more specifications for the Canon EOS R6

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
I am honestly stunned. Just flabbergasted. THIS is why canon took so much time. These two cameras are quite literally redefining what a mirrorless camera can be. Providing they work as promised. It really sounds like they have produced some truly amazing pieces of kit

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
I am honestly stunned. Just flabbergasted. THIS is why canon took so much time. These two cameras are quite literally redefining what a mirrorless camera can be. Providing they work as promised. It really sounds like they have produced some truly amazing pieces of kit

And to think people are already complaining about missing features…

Upvote 0
Looks like I'll be keeping my EOS R for travel, portraits, and landscapes, but adding the R6 for events, sports, and birds. Filling out my lens quiver will take a few years, but the R will take care of my higher resolution needs until I can afford to replace it with an R5 (or whatever else is available by that point.)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Looks like I'll be keeping my EOS R for travel, portraits, and landscapes, but adding the R6 for events, sports, and birds. Filling out my lens quiver will take a few years, but the R will take care of my higher resolution needs until I can afford to replace it with an R5 (or whatever else is available by that point.)

Give it 4 years and get the R5 Mark II

Upvote 0
Hi. Fuji and Nikon fan here but I am gonna join Canon family now, as they did brilliant job in my opinion on R6 / R5. Only 3 little disadvantages : 20mpix and probably strong low pass filter which will impact image quality for landscape, 4k60 probably without AF, and not the best DR and ISO assuming it will be the same as 1DX Mark III. Apart from that it will be the best hybrid on the market and really tough to beat. Fuji and Nikon can't get their act together with AF systems, and Sony is still ergonomic mess with weak color science although they are improving. Can't wait to get this R6 beauty :)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

Hi. Fuji and Nikon fan here but I am gonna join Canon family now, as they did brilliant job in my opinion on R6 / R5. Only 3 little disadvantages : 20mpix and probably strong low pass filter which will impact image quality for landscape, 4k60 probably without AF, and not the best DR and ISO assuming it will be the same as 1DX Mark III. Apart from that it will be the best hybrid on the market and really tough to beat. Fuji and Nikon can't get their act together with AF systems, and Sony is still ergonomic mess with weak color science although they are improving. Can't wait to get this R6 beauty :)

I think you'll very much enjoy the R6. I personally am excited for a Canon R5 and Nikon Z6s which will round out my needs well until both systems have more complete lineups on the lens department.

Upvote 0
That's probably only true for the FF recording mode, it does have a 1.4x crop mode, where it shoots 4k60p with AF
I like wide angle and don't like switching lenses between photo and video. RF 15-35 is too big and expensive but I am sure Canon will release more compact wide zoom or prime in the near future. Their release pace is impressive compared to Nikon Z line. For now I can live with 4k30 and 24-105 f4 and sometimes with 4k60 wit manual focus. This is totally workable.

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2015
I like wide angle and don't like switching lenses between photo and video. RF 15-35 is too big and expensive but I am sure Canon will release more compact wide zoom or prime in the near future. Their release pace is impressive compared to Nikon Z line. For now I can live with 4k30 and 24-105 f4 and sometimes with 4k60 wit manual focus. This is totally workable.
Agree on the photo/video switch and it is really nice to have the best ISO, bokeh and sharpness from the FF sensor, but I don't necessarily mind the crop mode either, because:

-Vignetting, swirly bokeh and distortion, CA etc. are getting cropped out (or it can work well with crop lenses like Sigma 18-35/1.8)
-Better rolling shutter
-AF in 4k60p

The RF 15-35 and 24-70 lenses are very good, but their common flaw is very heavy vignetting on the wide end.
While this can be corrected well enough for photos, it may be very noisy, if shot in Canon Log and corrected.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0