Hallelujah!! B&H changed my R5 to Processing this morning! The extra battery is still back ordered. I ordered the camera 58 min after the order page was opened. Hope it arrives in the next few days so I can practice with it before we leave to photograph bears in Alaska in 2 wks

So maybe there is hope for me later. They seem to be updating as they get bodies in from Canon. I guess I will keep hitting reload much of the day.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2019
Ordered the R5 and the grip at 10:20AM on the 9th. I’ve been charged for the grip and status has changed to “order in progress,” R5 still showing backordered.
Now I’ll have a grip and adapter but no camera.
I think that maybe one of the levels of Hell:ROFLMAO:

I hope you do not have to wait too long

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Ordered the R5 and the grip at 10:20AM on the 9th. I’ve been charged for the grip and status has changed to “order in progress,” R5 still showing backordered.
Now I’ll have a grip and adapter but no camera.

I ordered around the same time and am in exactly the same boat. At least we will have plenty of battery life--except we won't have any batteries either (at least not new ones).

Upvote 0
For those whose BH order status has changed and payment charges, what time did you order on July 9th?

I ordered about 9 minutes after it went live. So at 7:09am Central time. Mine also went to processing and it charged my Payboo card (what a terrible name for a card haha) this morning.

Upvote 0

Billybob

800mm f/11 because a cellphone isn't long enough!
May 22, 2016
Called Adorama to inquire about my order. I ordered the R5, 100-500, and 800 f/11. Wanted to make clear that I wanted the camera now. They informed me that with those instructions, a partial order would go out either today or tomorrow.

Accordingly, Adorama just posted a mindboggling large bill to my CC account. Hopefully, the 100-500 amount will disappear shortly.

Oh, I probably placed my order around 8:10am 7-9. Maybe a couple of minutes earlier. Not sure why I did not place it sooner.

My B&H order was similarly screwed up. They tell me it will ship Monday for delivery some time next week. I will cancel this order tomorrow. Hopefully it helps someone in the queue.

I thought that I knew how to play this game, but I wasn't aware that one should never put two different new products with different release dates on the same order. Fortunately, I had placed orders with two different vendors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just got "The Call" Camera ready for pick up tomorrow at noon. I am off all next week (Suppose to be at an Airshow, but that is a....) still going to test the hell out of the Camera and will report back.

an air show would be a good test of EVF lag. I’d be interested in knowing if it can keep up with subjects moving across the field of view when panning

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0