Share R5 delivery experience

H. Jones

Photojournalist
Aug 1, 2014
1595910673062.png

My order status on B&H was changed to "Order in Progress" as well within the last few hours. I ordered at exactly 8:00:30 a.m. eastern time and I am far too excited for this!

glofo

I'm New Here
Jul 16, 2020
My order email says 8:01am on July 9th, so my order time was somewhere between 8:00 and 8:01. Card hasn't been charged yet.

I ordered at about 12:48 PM eastern time and still show back ordered. So we’ll see what happens! Might call some of my local stores to see what their wait list looks like

Reactions: scottkinfw

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
I called in my credit card for my pre order 58 min into the announcement video. I just checked my order at B&H and it still says Back Ordered--so sad :cry: :cry:
Catherine

Kit Lens Jockey

EOS R
CR Pro
Nov 12, 2016

Kit Lens Jockey

EOS R
CR Pro
Nov 12, 2016
I just got the email from Amazon saying that may R5 body is expected to arrive August 3rd now. :)

For reference, I submitted my order on July 9 at around 9:00am eastern time.

Bundu

EOS 90D
Nov 24, 2014
South Africa
I have been informed that Canon are shipping cameras to dealers on the 29th ready for delivery to customers for the 30th , and that I can expect delivery of my camera this week , people who were quick off the mark pre-ordering should receive it this week , those that weren't will have to wait for the second shipment which will be in Aug/Sept , the whole shipment as far I have been told hasn't been put back to Aug/Sept , its just they won't have enough stock for everyone in the first shipment .
I have been on the "R5 list" at my local brick and mortar store since February. Got the invoice today, paid, and will pick up on Friday!!! Happy days

CDD28

EOS M6 Mark II
Jun 23, 2014
Status is processed. Unfortunately, the EF/RF adapter is still back ordered. So, I may get the body and not have a lens that I can mount.

I anticipated this happening, so I bought the adapter about a month ago. In the reverse situation, have the adapter but no camera. I probably won’t have the camera until September since I didn’t place my preorder until about two hours after they began.

BeenThere

EOS R
CR Pro
Sep 4, 2012
Eastern Shore
I anticipated this happening, so I bought the adapter about a month ago. In the reverse situation, have the adapter but no camera. I probably won’t have the camera until September since I didn’t place my preorder until about two hours after they began.
You were smarter than me. How much foresight did it require of Canon to realize that every R5/6 sale would also be an adapter sale and stock sufficient adapters at their warehouses?

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
There was a big B&H box in our courtyard today and I was just sure it had to be my new R5--turned out to be some earphone my husband had ordered :cautious:

Daang, those must be some BIG ears. Is he an African elephant?