ScottO

CR Pro
Sep 16, 2014
I ordered within the first 10 minutes of availability and my back order status changed to new order this morning. Called B&h and was told mine will ship on Thursday for delivery on Friday. For those looking for the mount adapters I just shipped several to KEH Camera in Atlanta so you may be able to pick one up there. Also Canon Europe finally has the English users manual up.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
My brick-and-mortar cannot tell me for sure when I will get mine. They're part of a chain of about a dozen stores in two different states; their warehouse will ship out however many of them they get to the stores nearest the people who did preorders.

So at my local store, on Friday, there will either be a box with my name on it, or there won't be.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
I figure it doesn't make much sense at this point. It will ship when it ships. I'll know in the next couple of days where I stand.
me too.

I might call soon however, I purchased the rig for a Sept 20 trip!

Getting exciting!

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
I WENT TOO AMAZON AND SAW THIS "no i didnt order but sheesh a whole months and half nearly ugh screw corona
View attachment 191622
For what it's worth, I ordered my body just a few hours after preorders went live, and it gave me an estimated date of Aug 11-Sep 3 until just recently when it updated to say it would be here Aug 3. I think Amazon heavily sandbags their estimated delivery dates until they have a clearer picture of when they can actually ship one to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
For what it's worth, I ordered my body just a few hours after preorders went live, and it gave me an estimated date of Aug 11-Sep 3 until just recently when it updated to say it would be here Aug 3. I think Amazon heavily sandbags their estimated delivery dates until they have a clearer picture of when they can actually ship one to you.

Over estimating time is preferable to underestimating it. I *hate* being told it'll be "just a few minutes" for my food at a fast food restaurant (because, e.g., they have to prep something they've run out of) and find myself still waiting after ten or fifteen minutes--I'd rather have been told up front it would take a while and have a chance to change my order to something faster.

Upvote 0

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2014
Hallelujah!! B&H changed my R5 to Processing this morning! The extra battery is still back ordered. I ordered the camera 58 min after the order page was opened. Hope it arrives in the next few days so I can practice with it before we leave to photograph bears in Alaska in 2 wks

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

subtraho

Birds and Macro
CR Pro
Nov 20, 2018
Maryland
twitter.com
For those whose BH order status has changed and payment charges, what time did you order on July 9th?

8:01am Eastern. Basically I refreshed the page until the preorder button appeared and ordered immediately. I figured I could always cancel if I changed my mind later, but the reverse - waiting to order but then changing my mind and ordering - wasn't a safe bet if I actually wanted one at launch.

Upvote 0