My order email says 8:01am on July 9th, so my order time was somewhere between 8:00 and 8:01. Card hasn't been charged yet.

I ordered at about 12:48 PM eastern time and still show back ordered. So we’ll see what happens! Might call some of my local stores to see what their wait list looks like

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
I have been informed that Canon are shipping cameras to dealers on the 29th ready for delivery to customers for the 30th , and that I can expect delivery of my camera this week , people who were quick off the mark pre-ordering should receive it this week , those that weren't will have to wait for the second shipment which will be in Aug/Sept , the whole shipment as far I have been told hasn't been put back to Aug/Sept , its just they won't have enough stock for everyone in the first shipment .
I have been on the "R5 list" at my local brick and mortar store since February. Got the invoice today, paid, and will pick up on Friday!!! Happy days

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jun 23, 2014
Status is processed. Unfortunately, the EF/RF adapter is still back ordered. So, I may get the body and not have a lens that I can mount.

I anticipated this happening, so I bought the adapter about a month ago. In the reverse situation, have the adapter but no camera. I probably won’t have the camera until September since I didn’t place my preorder until about two hours after they began.

Upvote 0
I anticipated this happening, so I bought the adapter about a month ago. In the reverse situation, have the adapter but no camera. I probably won’t have the camera until September since I didn’t place my preorder until about two hours after they began.
You were smarter than me. How much foresight did it require of Canon to realize that every R5/6 sale would also be an adapter sale and stock sufficient adapters at their warehouses?

Upvote 0