SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
So about 10-20 times a day I refresh the status page, every time greeted with the "backordered" text.

Almost fell off the chair on first glance of the refresh page, until I noticed I already forgot I made another order this morning :(

View attachment 192431

OK, making so many orders you have forgotten some of them is a sign that you've taken this camera/gear thing too far.

So welcome to the club. :D:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
So about 10-20 times a day I refresh the status page, every time greeted with the "backordered" text.

Almost fell off the chair on first glance of the refresh page, until I noticed I already forgot I made another order this morning :(

View attachment 192431
Glad to know I'm not the only one that keeps checking out my order!

Upvote 0

Mo Steve

EOS R
Jul 30, 2020
I'm speculating but I think they wouldn't likely delay and hold up already challenging distribution for something that is a simple customer update (firmware).

I spoke with BH on an exchange of my R5 due to some bad sensor pixels today (it is otherwise an amazing camera I am totally happy with). They stated they only get around 200 cameras at a time so far- they did no say how many shipments they get, how often, or if future size will grow, and letters people are posting around here suggest they don't have any of that info.

I have a feeling BH must have several hundred or maybe even up to a couple thousand orders stacked up as they are so well known and this camera was so long awaited. I may just send to Canon for repair as it will be much faster.

I agree. Well, let's see if the second batch was shipped with the base firmware or the latest version.

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
I'm still waiting for everything. R5, grip, 28-70, extra battery, EF-adapter. Nothing has shipped yet :( Of course, none of those matter until R5 ships.
I received the adapter ring, grip, extra battery, and, that's it. I have nothing to put them on. I am expecting the 100-500 soon, and hope the R5 will be in the next shipment. Keep positive!
Scott

Upvote 0

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
I'm speculating but I think they wouldn't likely delay and hold up already challenging distribution for something that is a simple customer update (firmware).

I spoke with BH on an exchange of my R5 due to some bad sensor pixels today (it is otherwise an amazing camera I am totally happy with). They stated they only get around 200 cameras at a time so far- they did no say how many shipments they get, how often, or if future size will grow, and letters people are posting around here suggest they don't have any of that info.

I have a feeling BH must have several hundred or maybe even up to a couple thousand orders stacked up as they are so well known and this camera was so long awaited. I may just send to Canon for repair as it will be much faster.
I ordered mine the day of release from B&H about 10 AM local time and am still on back order! Dang!

Scott

Upvote 0
A little poem while we wait....

Where art thou my love?
searching around the corners
listening through the crevices
I wonder where you went
I ponder over the loss day and night
Reminiscing about the old times
when you lived in my heart
bathed in my heart
and slept in my heart
forever I shall not forget
the wonderful moments consumed
cherished forever
arousing an oasis of serenity within my heart
the memory so elusive
staying only for a moment
as I embraced you my love
you vanished in my hands

Where art thou my love?
everlasting in my heart
embroidered in my soul
forever engraved in my mind
sealed with gold
the memory so elusive
you vanished in my hands

Where art thou my love?
why are you hiding from me?
leaving me here to wander
searching in vain
yearning for your smell
the taste of your flavor
ever present in my mouth
causing my heart to hunger
the memory so elusive
you vanished in my hands

by Kenneth Maswabi

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Okay. I ordered several weeks ago straight from Canon and just received an email a couple days ago, saying my opinion is important to them. When opened, it says thanks for shopping with us and that they hope I will write about the merchandise while it's fresh on my mind. Does this email have any significance as to the time of shipping? Just wondering if anyone else got the email and how long until the camera arrived. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

vjlex

EOS R5
Oct 15, 2011
Osaka, Japan
*sigh*
This delivery experience is turning into a nightmare
After being backordered for more than a month from B&H, I'm getting the feeling that they're going to unilaterally cancel my order.
I've been refreshing my order details every couple of hours like others are. I just went to the page and noticed that they suddenly changed the R5 to "No shipping to Japan." For whatever reason, Canon doesn't want to allow it anymore.
Yes, I could've ordered locally here, but I had my reasons for wanting a US version. This whole experience sucks.

Upvote 0
Received new email from B&H today:

“...Since that note, we have not received any R5 deliveries from Canon, but we have received an updated shipment schedule from Canon. Based on this new information, we expect to ship your order on or about September 16th.

I placed my order at 10:34 AM EDT on July 9th

Hmm I have yet to get any updates from B&H, but I ordered mine about the same time. Hopefully I'm in that same delivery window!

Upvote 0