sal7777

From EF to RF
Jul 16, 2020
Santa Monica
Same thing yesterday with my order. I knew something was up when I got a text from my CC company that a charge that matched was placed. I hurriedly got on the computer and checked my order status. Sure enough, it had changed from backordered to in progress. I've been practically holding my breath until just a while ago when I got a message that it has shipped. Now I have to contain my excitement all weekend until Monday when it should be delivered! B&H must have gotten a pretty good sized shipment. View attachment 193071
Mine is arriving tomorrow!!
Super thrilled!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I ordered from AC-Foto.com in germany on august 3rd.

Got this message after asking for a status:

"unfortunately we have no news for you. We have still unfulfilled pre-orders from july. There is no information from canon,
when there will be a new delivery of cameras. As soon as we can foresee the delivery of your order, we will let you know. "

Thats not good news. I ordered from Calumet Deutschland 10th September. Looks like its going to be a very long wait... I got zero details from them when I emailed them recently. No stock, no idea when etc. I'm in Ireland, all the local stores have no stock. But its also €400 more here due to the VAT difference.

It really annoys me the way they put an expected delivery date on their site for stock which is complete nonsense.

The 5d Mark IV was easy to get weeks after the launch but this launch has been brutal for stock.

Upvote 0
Thats not good news. I ordered from Calumet Deutschland 10th September. Looks like its going to be a very long wait... I got zero details from them when I emailed them recently. No stock, no idea when etc. I'm in Ireland, all the local stores have no stock. But its also €400 more here due to the VAT difference.

It really annoys me the way they put an expected delivery date on their site for stock which is complete nonsense.

The 5d Mark IV was easy to get weeks after the launch but this launch has been brutal for stock.
I ordered my R5 in the Netherlands on 09/09 - out of stock of course, like in the rest of Europe. By the end of september they delivered quite some R5's, but according to the salesman they did not meet the total number of pre-orders, including mine. Yesterday they said they don't know when the next batch of R5's are coming. So nothing to do but wait... :cautious:

Upvote 0

Mo Steve

EOS R
Jul 30, 2020
I ordered 8/10, but no movement yet :(

Lol I ordered 7/15 and no movement. Not sure how a 9/15 order is being processed but it is what it is. I called up customer service on Wednesday inquiring and the person said his best guess for my order was end of October but he wasn't speaking based on any actual data.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I did not expect the camera for at least another month, it arrived this morning. Several others who ordered at the same time have them on the way, if you have one on order, login and check the status. No one gets to jump ahead in the order line. If yours from 7/15 wasn't shipped, something is wrong. If it was a camera / lens kit, those may not be in yet, but I think some were recently in stock.

Upvote 0

sal7777

From EF to RF
Jul 16, 2020
Santa Monica
Anyone else feel they've forgotten everything they read in preparation for this camera? After 3 months of waiting, reading, and watching video reviews, I hardly remember any of the mental notes I made about this camera. Mine finally arrives later today. Let's see if it all comes back.
I finally got to unbox mine today and setting it up was a bit of a steep learning curve for me coming from a 5DMk3.

My R5 is the first mirrorless I own and customizing it to my liking has taken longer than I expected.

Still getting used to the exposure simulation.

I’ll upload a few photos in the coming days after I get a chance to try it out a little more.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0