Eos R5 now with internal fan?!?!

I was lucky to be able to pick up an R5 from one local dealer who got only one R5 shipped to him! (No other national dealers in Denmark are currently able to get ny stock from canon)
Ive only had it for a couple of days so i have not had the time (or the HDD space) to test the max recording times on this new run of bodies.
BUT i just notised a definet hum coming from the camera when powered on. And it shure does sound like the uneven rubling from an internal fan... Complete with ramp up and down when turning on and off the camera.
I might be able to make a recording of the noize at the office tomorrow.... And do a heat test in 4k fine!
Or maybee im wrong and its just my tinitus kicking in at oddley specific times

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
BUT i just notised a definet hum coming from the camera when powered on.
Maybe you have a defective camera. There are motors on the shutter and the IBIS that may be acting up.

As pointed out, a fan doesn't provide any value when there are no openings in the otherwise sealed body shell to allow for ventilation. The heat has to get out somewhere. If there are vents, those should be much more obvious than any sound that you may or may not imagine. Are there vents?

Also, a fan should not ramp up unless it is actually needed. So it should not be heard right after booting the camera.

Upvote 0