Is September 14 the day we finally get the official Canon EOS R3 announcement?

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Hey Fellow Canon Shooters
Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
here come the IF I CAN GET MY HANDS THIS CAMERA OR THIS LENS THEY ANNOUNCED "cry babies"
I guess some of you dont know there's WORLDWIDE & REAL PANDEMIC THATS ONGOING
as well other stuff that hindering all types of manufacturing and shipping especially all the major camera companies
if your old/present camera and lens all have a suddenly stop working lol or the images are looking bad and your trying too get the latest GEAR too look COOL or impress models and etc maybe you need too take a break
some of ya are on nearly post on every pro photog forum on the net chill out
USE WHAT U HAVE DONT DEPEND ON STUFF U GOTTA WAIT MONTHS FOR just saying

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
Hopefully it will be Sept 14 and the speculation can end and reviews can start.
I'll be interested too in Canon's logic / story about the camera.
Its feels like a R1, R2, R3 naming afterthought when Canon got concerned it wasn't good enough to be an R1.
It will be interesting to hear Canon's take.
Is it that they thought the R1 could be even better but not ready yet and went for a compromise or whether it was designed and conceived as an R3 to take up a particular spot in the market.
Not sure what that slot is that wouldn't also be the R1 slot.
If the focusing is good on the R3 it will be difficult to distinguish it from the R1 other than MP.
I'll look forward to the R1 rumours and what will make it better than the R3.

Upvote 0

Danglin52

Wildlife Shooter
Aug 8, 2018
Rumors are already starting to swirl around an a9 III.
I think Sony would wait to see how the R3 does in the market before they announce anything.
I can't see Nikon making any such announcements until long after the Z9 is well established.
Product concept, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, production, and fulfillment is a long-term cycle that cannot be easily modified at the end of the process without risk of injecting serious defects and chaos. Companies might hold the release of a new product if they feel is it at serious disadvantage, but they will not make major modification close to lunch. The company would have to evaluate and start the process pretty much from the beginning. These type companies have to make an early commitment to strategy which may be tweaked during the process, but is rarely modified based on another competitors release. If an A9III is in the pipeline, it was probably on the internal product roadmap in 2018/2019.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
May 12, 2015
It does seem really drawn out. Also, what I find odd is that we haven't seen a solid leak on the outstanding issues yet. Nothing from Nokishita. I don't see EXIF data from the olympics as being enough to tell me that the camera is 24mp (although it very well may be) as this could represent a crop mode. It could actually have multiple crop modes for all we know. With that being said, I need a fast camera. The R5 just doesn't cut it for moving objects for me. Yeah, once I get something locked, it's great, but I've lost several shots because I couldn't get a lock and others because I couldn't get enough shutter without destroying the image with high ISO noise. In the DSLR world I was more than happy shooting my 1DX II @ 20mp instead of the 36 on the 5D IV for the same reason (as I'm sure many other wildlife photographers were) so if it's 24, I'll be fine. I still have my R5 for extreme cropping.
I'm in the same boat as you, low light and fast. The 45mp of the R5 is something that I love so going lower is something I am hesitant to do now with the a1 and rumored Z9. I'm not saying I wouldnt get an R3, but given the slowness of the release and timeline to actually get one....I can wait and use some denoise.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Product concept, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, production, and fulfillment is a long-term cycle that cannot be easily modified at the end of the process without risk of injecting serious defects and chaos.
Wait, wait...I thought Canon hasn't announced the MP of the R3 because they were just waiting to read the responses on CanonRumors before making a final decision. I expect they're waiting until that thread hits 1000 posts, then they'll just count up the votes in there and decide what sensor to use. That's an easy change, so they can just pop the chosen sensor into the cameras as they're produced and I anticipate one will be in my hands by late September. Who knows, maybe they'll decide not to decide and they'll just offer a choice so when people order they just tick a box to choose 24, 30, 45 or 80 MP. Go Canon!

:cool::p;)

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2019
Hopefully it will be Sept 14 and the speculation can end and reviews can start.
I'll be interested too in Canon's logic / story about the camera.
Its feels like a R1, R2, R3 naming afterthought when Canon got concerned it wasn't good enough to be an R1.
It will be interesting to hear Canon's take.
Is it that they thought the R1 could be even better but not ready yet and went for a compromise or whether it was designed and conceived as an R3 to take up a particular spot in the market.
Not sure what that slot is that wouldn't also be the R1 slot.
If the focusing is good on the R3 it will be difficult to distinguish it from the R1 other than MP.
I'll look forward to the R1 rumours and what will make it better than the R3.
R3 was R1 until Sony made the A1.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Toglife_Anthony

Hit the G.A.S. & pump the brakes at the same time!
Apr 2, 2020
rant
At this point I don't care one way or the other about the R3, but can we please move on from blabbering about it being a pandemic and using that as a sole excuse for the lack of releases or availability?! This isn't a year ago when we were blindsided by this stuff and everything shut down, it's been long enough now that things can be planned around the deficiencies. Yes, we're still dealing with the fallout from the pandemic, I GET IT, but let's stop using that as the end-all-be-all for why something isn't released or why information is scarce.
/rant

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I was hoping for earlier in September but on the other hand I'm not sure the announcement date will have much if any impact on the actual release date. I'm expecting (hoping) there will be only a brief time between announcement and release. In the U.S. at least it seems like Canon is finally getting its supply chain issues resolved.

If the original announcement date was delayed (and we really don't know if it was, or if CR Guy just got bad information) it was probably because of supply chain concerns. Assuming it was delayed, it's possible that Canon always planned on the actual release date for late Sept. early October and may not have changed that.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
rant
At this point I don't care one way or the other about the R3, but can we please move on from blabbering about it being a pandemic and using that as a sole excuse for the lack of releases or availability?! This isn't a year ago when we were blindsided by this stuff and everything shut down, it's been long enough now that things can be planned around the deficiencies. Yes, we're still dealing with the fallout from the pandemic, I GET IT, but let's stop using that as the end-all-be-all for why something isn't released or why information is scarce.
/rant
I think much of the world was blindsided by both the new, more contagious Delta variant and by the high proportion of crackpots who would refuse to either wear masks or get a vaccine.

Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I noticed on the list of known specs there’s no mention of the eye control focus points/quadrants. Haven’t been hearing anything more about it either. It’s still a thing no?
There was a video recently by one of the advance reviewers who talked briefly about how you need to calibrate the eye control focus for the individual user, so yes, it is still definitely a thing. CRGuy left it off of an earlier list (oversight?) and as he cuts and pastes the list of features, it just keeps getting left off.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Rumors are already starting to swirl around an a9 III.
I think Sony would wait to see how the R3 does in the market before they announce anything.
I can't see Nikon making any such announcements until long after the Z9 is well established.
You can bet your life that the Sony a9iii will beat the R3 on *specification*, as Sony is technology driven and always strives to have the most advanced cameras (on paper). It will likely be a different beast from the R3 and the Z9, because it's pretty certain that it won't have an integrated vertical grip. It's really just a personal choice - some people want the tougher build quality and better weatherproofing that an integrated grip provides, and they'll say it handles better. Others will prefer a more compact and lightweight camera that accepts an accessory vertical grip, and they'll also argue that Sony cameras are more electro-efficient, and don't need the extra battery power. Horses for courses.

On the other hand I could be completely wrong. The new Sony *might* have an integrated grip, but if it does, I can't see it having the "a9iii" designation. Such a camera would compete more directly with the R3, and sell well on the basis that Sony has a more complete native lens system than Canon RF. Time will tell.

One thing is for sure, the intense competition between Canon, Sony and Nikon is good for us all, as it advances technology and potentially opens up new fields of photography.

Upvote 0