Anyone experiencing battery drain in their R6

RickD

EOS R6
Aug 27, 2016
I'm only using my camera sporadically at the moment, and for the last few months I've noticed the battery seems to drain during the periods I'm not using it. I'll fully charge the battery, take a couple of shots, then when I come back to the camera two weeks later, the battery is either very low, or completely dead. I always ensure it's switched off before I put it in it's bag. Issue happens on multiple batteries. Camera is updated to latest firmware

I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this until a few months ago. Anyone else experienced similar issues?

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Regardless of the switch position, power is supplied and can be used by the processor and wireless transciever to run Bluetooth and WiFi .Keeping Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections in operation will drain battery power to keep the transceiver alive.
Mine is left in airplane mode and doesn't drain.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Regardless of the switch position, power is supplied and can be used by the processor and wireless transciever to run Bluetooth and WiFi .Keeping Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections in operation will drain battery power to keep the transceiver alive.
There is also power drain for top info LCD on some R cameras which drains batteries.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0