7D Mark 2 Preorders "sound off"

Sportsgal501

Got hit in the face by a skateboard got the shot!
BigAntTVProductions said:
Sportsgal501 said:
Old Sarge said:
Sportsgal501 said:
I'm just going to B&H on it's release day to pick it up.

lucky u but they havnt updated there system yet too oct 28-30th but i have the same plan but just too warn u there might be a line

And that assumes they have sufficient stock for pre-order fulfillment, both shipped and store waiting list. They may be sold out before the product ever arrives on the first shipment.

Doubt every one will be lining up for this camera on "Black Friday" but there are a few other camera shops in the city,so I'm pretty confident I will be able to pick one up.No need to panic it's not like an XBox One or PS4 release date...lol.

ACTUALLY WE DO HAVE TOO WORRY THE ONLY STORES IN NYC THAT WILL HAVE IT
B&H ADORAMA K&M ON BROADWAY OFF CANAL STREET and MAYBE 42nd PHOTO AND BEST BESY
and every lil non pro photog and or fake photog in nyc metro area will be trying too get there hands on 1
WE ALL KNOW B&H AND ADORAMA TRADE IN DEPARTMENT WILL BE BUSY LOL
so im not goin take my chances on missing out on this phenon camera too some novice,tourist with hella $$$ or skateboard punk lol when it come too photography ya skills can only go so far without good eqipment too even it all out

Amazon,Camera Land, ALL the Best Buys, Adorama, B&H, Willoughby's will all be carrying the 7D Mark II's pretty sure you will get one. And I'm sure they will be still sitting on the shelf, plus the ones that early adopters snatch up and return (because it wasn't what they expected) to be placed in the "used" department.

I can see if this was a new Full Frame from Canon replacing the 5D Mark III but another crop sensor, only us sports photographers (wildlife) are running out to get one like screaming banshees. I could definitely use one on this mornings sporting event.

The "best" camera is the one in your bag~ Tyler Stapleford

Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Hey Fellow Canon Shooters
Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
Sportsgal501 said:
Sportsgal501 said:
Old Sarge said:
Sportsgal501 said:
I'm just going to B&H on it's release day to pick it up.

lucky u but they havnt updated there system yet too oct 28-30th but i have the same plan but just too warn u there might be a line

And that assumes they have sufficient stock for pre-order fulfillment, both shipped and store waiting list. They may be sold out before the product ever arrives on the first shipment.

Doubt every one will be lining up for this camera on "Black Friday" but there are a few other camera shops in the city,so I'm pretty confident I will be able to pick one up.No need to panic it's not like an XBox One or PS4 release date...lol.

ACTUALLY WE DO HAVE TOO WORRY THE ONLY STORES IN NYC THAT WILL HAVE IT
B&H ADORAMA K&M ON BROADWAY OFF CANAL STREET and MAYBE 42nd PHOTO AND BEST BESY
and every lil non pro photog and or fake photog in nyc metro area will be trying too get there hands on 1
WE ALL KNOW B&H AND ADORAMA TRADE IN DEPARTMENT WILL BE BUSY LOL
so im not goin take my chances on missing out on this phenon camera too some novice,tourist with hella $$$ or skateboard punk lol when it come too photography ya skills can only go so far without good eqipment too even it all out

Amazon,Camera Land, ALL the Best Buys, Adorama, B&H, Willoughby's will all be carrying the 7D Mark II's pretty sure you will get one. And I'm sure they will be still sitting on the shelf, plus the ones that early adopters snatch up and return (because it wasn't what they expected) to be placed in the "used" department.

I can see if this was a new Full Frame from Canon replacing the 5D Mark III but another crop sensor, only us sports photographers (wildlife) are running out to get one like screaming banshees. I could definitely use one on this mornings sporting event.

The "best" camera is the one in your bag~ Tyler Stapleford

ya right but as i said the usual skate board punkss,fake photogs using T2-t4i rebels will be stalking B&H or adorama for these camera trying too get an edge over real shooters and pro, or the annoying tourist or young people 25 and younger with $$$ too burn will be hunting for this camera

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Old Sarge said:
Sportsgal501 said:
I called B&H today and they stated November is still the release date for them.
Interesting. The product page on their website now says October 30.
Probably because of religous observances... The camera might be released on Oct30, but they will be closed till Nov 01....

Upvote 0

Sportsgal501

Don Haines said:
Old Sarge said:
Sportsgal501 said:
Probably because of religous observances... The camera might be released on Oct30, but they will be closed till Nov 01....

Thanks just checked it and it's October.....sweet! !

Upvote 0

Old Sarge

CR Pro
Nov 6, 2012
Don Haines said:
Old Sarge said:
Sportsgal501 said:
I had forgotten that the 30th was Sabbath. Never having been to the store, having only been to NYC one time, do they reopen on Saturday evening after the close of Sabbath or reopen on Sunday morning?

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Old Sarge said:
Don Haines said:
Old Sarge said:
Sportsgal501 said:

I had forgotten that the 30th was Sabbath. Never having been to the store, having only been to NYC one time, do they reopen on Saturday evening after the close of Sabbath or reopen on Sunday morning?
they close at 2:00pm on Fridays and open up at 10:00am on Sundays.

Anyone thinking of showing up at thier store on the weekend may be in for a surprise :)

Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
Old Sarge said:
Sportsgal501 said:

I CALLED THEM TODAY WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK AORUND 530 THE GUYS SAID WE ARE SUPPOSED TOO BE GETTING THEM IN 10 DAYS BUT PREORDERS GO 1st DONT KNOW HOW MANY THEY WILL
HAVE FOR IN-STORE BUT IT SHOULD BE A GOOD AMOUNT "i told them it dont matter i will be there at warp speed to secure mine

Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
Don Haines said:
Old Sarge said:
Don Haines said:
Old Sarge said:
Sportsgal501 said:

Anyone thinking of showing up at thier store on the weekend may be in for a surprise :)

I WILL BE THERE BUT ONLY IF I GET THE EMAIL FROM THEM SAYING THEY HAVE IN-STORE STOCK IM NOT ABOUT WASTING $$$ ON SUBWAY/TRAINS AND LOOKIN STUPID WHEN I GO IN AND ASK IF THEY HAVE IT IN STOCK AND DEY THEY SAY NO :mad: :-[ :'(

Upvote 0

Sportsgal501

Don Haines said:
Old Sarge said:
Don Haines said:
Old Sarge said:
Sportsgal501 said:

You can still do online orders on Saturday evening, I forgot what time but they usually have the "countdown" clock...lol!

Upvote 0
I was at my local Camera shop, "Henry's" checking on my pre-order today and they informed me that the 7DMKII's are currently in transit to them and they expect to have them as early as tomorrow. ;D There is a note on their system that they are not to release any of the pre-order sales until October 30th. :-[ I'm not sure if this may have something to do with the pre-order program that ends on October 29th here in Canada. That program was initially set to end on November 15th. Excited to get the camera in my hands for an upcoming figure skating competition for which I will shot around 15,000 photos. They couldn't give me any update on whether or not the grips will be available at release.

Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
Robnormanphoto said:
I was at my local Camera shop, "Henry's" checking on my pre-order today and they informed me that the 7DMKII's are currently in transit to them and they expect to have them as early as tomorrow. ;D There is a note on their system that they are not to release any of the pre-order sales until October 30th. :-[ I'm not sure if this may have something to do with the pre-order program that ends on October 29th here in Canada. That program was initially set to end on November 15th. Excited to get the camera in my hands for an upcoming figure skating competition for which I will shot around 15,000 photos. They couldn't give me any update on whether or not the grips will be available at release.

lucky u i just did a B&H preorder this afternoon so if dey get them oct 30th i made arrangement too pick mine up at the warehouse at bk navy yard hoping and praying they come the 30th or 31st for halloween

Upvote 0

MagnumJoe

5D MK III
Dec 19, 2012
I’ve decided I'm ready to purchase the 7D MK II as a second camera; paired with my 5D MK III. What I don't want to get stuck in as a pre-order and not receive it Oct 31st. There's so many vendors selling it and yes, they'll promise it to you to get the sale. Does it make sense to order from Canon direct, with free overnight shipping instead or wait and buy it at your local store? We only have Best Buy and I doubt if they sell the body alone. I know it's probably late in the game to preorder, what is the best way to have the 7D MK II in hand on Oct 31?

Upvote 0

2n10

CR Pro
Aug 25, 2012
Sparks, NV
MagnumJoe said:
I’ve decided I'm ready to purchase the 7D MK II as a second camera; paired with my 5D MK III. What I don't want to get stuck in as a pre-order and not receive it Oct 31st. There's so many vendors selling it and yes, they'll promise it to you to get the sale. Does it make sense to order from Canon direct, with free overnight shipping instead or wait and buy it at your local store? We only have Best Buy and I doubt if they sell the body alone. I know it's probably late in the game to preorder, what is the best way to have the 7D MK II in hand on Oct 31?

Find someone who just got his on Oct 31 and buy it off of him, I think. I truly doubt you will be able to get one by walking into a store or placing a preorder now.

Upvote 0

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
MagnumJoe said:

well there 1 way if u cant wait depending on where u live
fly too nyc 1st thing friday or sunday or monday that weekend and try ya luck

Upvote 0
Ah you lucky Nth Americans,so many places to buy from,cheap prices,[7DII will be AUS$2300-2500]no firm date for distribution,Victoria will get it first followed by New South Wales[that's Melbourne and Sydney to you Northeners]with poor old Queensland after the others are supplied,this is if other releases are anything to go by,oh for parity with US $.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Jun 4, 2012
Canada
GaryJ said:
Ah you lucky Nth Americans,so many places to buy from,cheap prices,[7DII will be AUS$2300-2500]no firm date for distribution,Victoria will get it first followed by New South Wales[that's Melbourne and Sydney to you Northeners]with poor old Queensland after the others are supplied,this is if other releases are anything to go by,oh for parity with US $.

It is $1800 in the U.S., $1900 in Canada.... but with the exchange rate, $1900 CAD is the equivalent of $1695 US or $1930 AUD. We are very lucky up here in "the great white north" You Americans shouldn't be rushing to NYC to get your new camera, come on up to Canada and try out your new camera taking pictures of Polar bears, beavers, and Mounties riding horses....

Upvote 0

Sportsgal501

MagnumJoe said:

Check the Best Buy (in your area) website, if you click on the 7D MarkII and than hit shipping and availability. The store will say if they have them in stock, they might have one or two bodies.

Upvote 0