Article: Canon's 4000D and the Race to the Bottom

scyrene said:
We ourselves are unique - whereas most of our experiences are not. I value 1000x more a shot of a person who mattered to me, in a time long gone, than all but the very best shots of things or places (except where those places have also irrevocably changed and haven't been photographed by many others).
Could not agree more.

When I started photographing I studied and even visited some of the world's leading photographers to learn about their photographic philosophy.

My conclusion was that people are the most engaging subject by far so I decided I would "always" take pictures of people. The result has been that my pictures create a lot of popular interest and have been picked up by all kinds of media.

Today my pictures have probably eclipsed 100 mio. views. Of course any number of views does not reflect any photographic quality. But it does reflect that a lot of people like looking at people-centered pictures.

There are lots of remarkable and memorable/moving nature, landscape, macro, cityscapes etc. etc. But for pure human interest, people shots stand head and shoulders over all other subjects.

Upvote 0