Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

sandymandy

EOS 7D MK II
Mar 5, 2012
Looks like he shot it indoors on a mirror. Then its just try and try and try and try and

lundstrom.emil

EOS T7i
May 25, 2012
Gdansk
www.flickr.com
Re: Canon EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

K-amps said:
lundstrom.emil said:
Wow... with such less DoF how in the world did you plan for this shot?
sandymandy said:
Looks like he shot it indoors on a mirror. Then its just try and try and try and try and

How?? Well I saw the object, Just the DoF button to find my favourite aperture and it was f/2.8 to get a smooth Background. After I used the continuos AF with ONE AF point fixed on the '"black thing", and went back a couple of centimetres (around 40cm from the object) to get the right Dof, turn of One shot AF and then I took a couple of shots, and cropped the image.

No mirrors, no indoors, no tripod. :)

rpt

EOS 5D MK IV
Mar 7, 2012
India
Re: Canon EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

lundstrom.emil said:
K-amps said:
lundstrom.emil said:
Wow... with such less DoF how in the world did you plan for this shot?
sandymandy said:

How?? Well I saw the object, Just the DoF button to find my favourite aperture and it was f/2.8 to get a smooth Background. After I used the continuos AF with ONE AF point fixed on the '"black thing", and went back a couple of centimetres (around 40cm from the object) to get the right Dof, turn of One shot AF and then I took a couple of shots, and cropped the image.

No mirrors, no indoors, no tripod. :)
Fantastic shot! What is the yellow in the background?

lundstrom.emil

EOS T7i
May 25, 2012
Gdansk
www.flickr.com
florianbieler.de said:
lundstrom.emil said:
Leafs in Green and red mixed colours :)
As the bokeh seemed very distractive to me and also the pic is very noisy, I looked at the EXIF's and must ask: Why in the world would you shoot that with F32?
The noisy picture was a part of my answer to this related picture :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/imaginize/8000729304/#

I shoot it at F32 just to see what kind of result I would get.

eeek

EOS 80D
Oct 19, 2011
I found this bee. Either it was too cold when he came out of hibernation or he was sick. He let me put him on paper and take pictures. This is with a 7D and a 580exII flash.

Attachments