Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS Coming in 2017 [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
We’re told that a new Canon EF 135mm f/2L IS is planned for 2017, the new EF 135mm f/2L IS would be announced after the <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-ef-85mm-f1-4l-is-usm-on-the-way-cr3/">EF 85mm f/1.4L IS</a> has started shipping.</p>
<p>We still do not know the announcement date for that lens, just that it’s coming in 2017.</p>
<p>We’re going to try and get some confirmation so we can upgrade the rating.</p>
<p><em>More to come…</em></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
BOTH of these lenses would wind up in my gear bag very quickly. As much as I love my current 135L, I may actually be more interested in the new 85 as it is a focal length I'm weak in (I just prefer the 135) and the IS would be HUGE for me when shooting portraits with my 5DSR. I hope they also put IS in the 135 and are able to keep it at f2 doing so. I may be hoping for too much though. It would be a big sucker for sure but I dont care.

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2012
make these as good as the 35L ii...
and I am in... they are IN MY BAG

135 f2L I.S.
85 f1.4L I.S.

to go with my ..... 35L ii and StraightLine 14L ii(this will need some treatment soon)

all I want now is to live a little longer to use all these on things... and people....

////////////

canon has now exceeded escape velocity...for me anyway...

lovely

Upvote 0
Makes sense, there's ample room for improvement. Have put my 135L in the ads today. Used to be one of my most used lenses, but has gotten less attention over the last years. IS is a key upgrade and alone worth the upgrade. Less purple fringing wide open will also be key. Plus rounded blades - at least nine thank you...

If there's both a new 85L and 135L this year I may even resurrect the "holy trinity" 35/85/135 that I used to possess and use with such joy. :p

Upvote 0
KiagiJ said:
Besisika said:
Count me in. Mine needs IS badly. It will be the king of low light video, night portraiture and low light frame grab.

The king is already the 200mm f2 IS. I can get 1/8th of a second handheld shots
Yes, but Canon will probably have to revisit the 200mm f/2 IS L if the 135 gets IS and any substantial optical upgrade.

Upvote 0