Canon EOS 5D Mark IV to Start Shipping Tomorrow

So I called B&H this morning and spoke to a rep who said that "as far as I know" it's still going out tomorrow.

Inspired by other posters here I tried chatting with some more specifics and got the same response as my initial contact - as well as others here... They're not expecting them in stock for shipment until at least Monday. I would be very surprised if this is a B&H "only" issue but who knows. Maybe they're expecting so many that they were delayed more than others. Or they forgot to pay their bills... who knows. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Daniel G : Hello David, my name is Daniel G and I'm looking forward to helping you today!
Me : Thanks Daniel.
Me : There has been a lot of chatter on the web about when these cameras will be shipping out. Do you have any word as to whether my order for a 5DMKIV will be shipping tomorrow (1xxxxxxx)
Daniel G : Please allow me a moment while I look into this for you.
Me : Thanks!
Daniel G : I see that we are currently expecting to receive them in stock on 9/12/16
Me : OK. Is it possible to tell if my order will be in the initial batch?
Daniel G : It does look like it, however I am not able to see your exact position.
Me : OK. Great. So as far as you can tell it should go out 9/12? It definitely will not be shipped tomorrow?
Daniel G : It will most likely not as it is still in transit towards us.
Me : And B&H will not ship out Friday?
Daniel G : We can ship Friday, however based on the ETA of the carrier it doesn't look like we will receive it then
Me : Great. Thanks so much for your time.
Daniel G : You're very welcome.
Daniel G : Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Me : So just to confirm, as far as you can tell my order should be shipped on Monday?
Daniel G : Most likely, however it depends on what time of day we receive it.

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with BH, they told me they had not received them yet but were still on track for 8th shipping date, however he mentioned some might receive them on the 8th, either way he said I should have it by the weekend. I pre-ordered mine 4 Hours after midnight launch. I skipped the 5D Mk III and used my 5D MkII with a GH4/ Speedbooster. So, I desperately need an upgrade to my still camera. My 5D MkII is a testament to how well canon makes cameras. I only had to replaced the sensor and the mirror once. It has traveled to amazon forest, Central America beaches, East Coast winters, and underwater trips. It had Champagne spilled on it, it has fallen in sand and got sand in the dials. A laser show/ Sunset photo shoot left with me with 3 Stuck pixels. Most of the Rubber grips are falling off from the being in extreme heat/humidity and severe wear and tear.

Upvote 0
Well, there seem to be two groups of people working at B&H with two very different sets of info.

Perhaps the people saying it will still go out the 8th don't want to lose potential orders so they're maybe hiding the fact that they aren't expecting them in hand to ship out until at least Monday. I just don't get why so many reps would say 9/12 the earliest for shipment when they might in fact go out today or tomorrow? That makes no sense.

makroman said:
Just got off the phone with BH, they told me they had not received them yet but were still on track for 8th shipping date, however he mentioned some might receive them on the 8th, either way he said I should have it by the weekend. I pre-ordered mine 4 Hours after midnight launch. I skipped the 5D Mk III and used my 5D MkII with a GH4/ Speedbooster. So, I desperately need an upgrade to my still camera. My 5D MkII is a testament to how well canon makes cameras. I only had to replaced the sensor and the mirror once. It has traveled to amazon forest, Central America beaches, East Coast winters, and underwater trips. It had Champagne spilled on it, it has fallen in sand and got sand in the dials. A laser show/ Sunset photo shoot left with me with 3 Stuck pixels. Most of the Rubber grips are falling off from the being in extreme heat/humidity and severe wear and tear.

Upvote 0

szinski

5D3 / 5D4 / EOS R
Aug 14, 2013
Richmond, VA
www.zinfoto.com
I got this response via e-mail about my order:

Hello xxxxxxxx, my name is Daniel G:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Please be advised that your product is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 9/12/16. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information.

I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Daniel G
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
Customer Service Department
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Upvote 0
That's the same guy that I spoke to via chat who also gave me the same info.

When did you pre-order? Body only?

szinski said:
I got this response via e-mail about my order:

Hello xxxxxxxx, my name is Daniel G:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

Please be advised that your product is estimated to arrive at our warehouse by 9/12/16. As soon as we receive it in stock we will ship your order to you, and e-mail you with the tracking information.

I apologize for this delay and any inconvenience it has caused you.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Daniel G
B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio
The Professional's Source.
Customer Service Department
http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Upvote 0

szinski

5D3 / 5D4 / EOS R
Aug 14, 2013
Richmond, VA
www.zinfoto.com
I'm still holding onto hope that my order will ship tomorrow as advertised. It looks like anyone who actually called and spoke to a person at B&H was told shipping would be today or tomorrow. Anyone using chat/email is being told 9/12. I'm guessing that chat/email operators are saying that to play it safe. We'll see.

Upvote 0
Well I spoke with someone yesterday who said they weren't expecting them to ship till the 12th.

And the guy I spoke with today didn't seemed very informed. He said "Well I haven't heard anything different than the 8th."

Trying to stay positive but I think we're looking at next week. Would love to be proven wrong. At this point I just hope I make the first shipment - waiting a few days more is a lot different than waiting a month.

Good luck tomorrow!

szinski said:
I'm still holding onto hope that my order will ship tomorrow as advertised. It looks like anyone who actually called and spoke to a person at B&H was told shipping would be today or tomorrow. Anyone using chat/email is being told 9/12. I'm guessing that chat/email operators are saying that to play it safe. We'll see.

Upvote 0
mclaren777 said:
Here are two things you probably don't know...

1. No retailer knows how many units they will receive. Every single one of them is going to be surprised when they open their crates.

2. These items arrived on the west coast by ship (probably Los Angeles harbor) so places in NYC are probably going to get them last.

FYI, I have my tracking number and I did not get it from B&H, I will have it tomorrow

Upvote 0
Awesome! Where are you located?

Perhaps B&H has such a massive shipment it's taking longer? Or it's because it's NYC... Who knows. A few extra days wait is most definitely worth $250. And if initial reviews are unfavorable it gives me time to cancel I suppose.

"Always look at the bright side of life."

jcr said:
Bestbuy already has them. I'm about to get mine ;D

Upvote 0
I saw that at 12:02 a.m. B&H didn't yet have the purchase button up on their site on the night they started selling. A few seconds later they did. By the time my order was filled out, it was 12:04, so I think I'd be in the first batch, if it's really first-come-first-serve.

I do not have an indication of shipping yet. There was a change in status over today, though. Where it once said "on order" it now says "New order processing." The tracking column says "Pending."

"A watched customer service rep never boils." - Confucius

Upvote 0

LoneRider

Profession Geek.
Oct 4, 2011
Great state of Texas
leedannyh said:
Got an email from Amazon. Not about shipping/delivery. :mad:

If you preordered the 5DIV through Amazon and are thinking about cancelling to get the $200 credit, because you preordered early, don't! I preordered pretty early and got an email from them telling me that I'll still get the $200 credit. I received this unprompted.

Same here from Amazon. Feeling better about my pre-order from Amazon. Hate paying the taxes, oh well.

Upvote 0