I need a little reassurance.....

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Humor me, please. I just got a refurb 5D iv for a great price ($2209). It is immaculate and all seems well. After much trouble, was able to get a shutter count (there are not a whole lot of ways to do this) and it is 3070 actuations. I know that this is really not many for this type of camera. My (soon to be retired 5D iii has close to 50,000 actuations and is still going strong).

Anyone out there think I should even worry? My gut says no but nobody sitting at my dining room table tonight to tell me...........

Thanks.

JPAZ

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
JPAZ said:
Humor me, please. I just got a refurb 5D iv for a great price ($2209). It is immaculate and all seems well. After much trouble, was able to get a shutter count (there are not a whole lot of ways to do this) and it is 3070 actuations. I know that this is really not many for this type of camera. My (soon to be retired 5D iii has close to 50,000 actuations and is still going strong).

Anyone out there think I should even worry? My gut says no but nobody sitting at my dining room table tonight to tell me...........

Thanks.

JPAZ

I've put more on a camera in a week! Sounds like a great deal... essentially a new camera for discount price!

Upvote 0

JPAZ

If only I knew what I was doing.....
CR Pro
Sep 8, 2012
Southwest USA
Thanks all. I figured it was a good deal but wanted someone to tell me so. In the process of prepping my 5Diii for sale and found the original paperwork. I paid more for the 5Diii 5+ years ago than I just paid for the new camera. So far, the 5Div is "passing" all my testing. I'll exhale now.

JPAZ

Upvote 0
You landed a great deal. Enjoy.

I would never really worry about a cameras shutter count even when buying used. They will die when they die.

Pretty sure my 5D Mark II's have 110k and 50k on them respectively. They need to get me through 2018,19 and 20 and I am confident they will. I hope I find a great deal like you come time to replace them.

Upvote 0