Post Your Best Landscapes

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
I have posted the Haystacks picture in the lens gallery, but thought I'd pop it into the Landscape gallery along with another picture. They are both taken in the English Lakes District National Park, the first from a small mountain known as 'Haystacks", looking towards Crummock Water and Ennerdale Water, with High Stile in the middle, at 2,643 feet. I know many around the world will laugh at that height being a mountain ( not those in the Netherlands ;D ) but to us Brits it's a mountain.

Second picture is taken in Borrowdale by the River Derwent, looking towards Maiden Moor, a paltry 1,887 feet.

All on the 24-105 at f11, at which aperture this lens is as good as anything else really, especially after pp.

Attachments

• North West from Haystacks.png
    North West from Haystacks.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,351
  • Maiden Moor from River Derwent.png
    Maiden Moor from River Derwent.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,363
Upvote 0
Sporgon said:
I have posted the Haystacks picture in the lens gallery, but thought I'd pop it into the Landscape gallery along with another picture. They are both taken in the English Lakes District National Park, the first from a small mountain known as 'Haystacks", looking towards Crummock Water and Ennerdale Water, with High Stile in the middle, at 2,643 feet. I know many around the world will laugh at that height being a mountain ( not those in the Netherlands ;D ) but to us Brits it's a mountain.

Second picture is taken in Borrowdale by the River Derwent, looking towards Maiden Moor, a paltry 1,887 feet.

All on the 24-105 at f11, at which aperture this lens is as good as anything else really, especially after pp.

Gorgeous shots and scenery! One day, I would love to visit the Lakes district. :)

Upvote 0

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
Sporgon said:

Lovely Images Sporgon, I seemed to have missed all these lovely places when I visited the area, seemed to rain an inordinate amount of time, but your shots show just what I missed.

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
Sporgon said:

Beautiful pictures!

Upvote 0
http://500px.com/photo/27631729

Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
serendipidy said:
Sporgon said:

Gorgeous shots and scenery! One day, I would love to visit the Lakes district. :)

many thanks serendipidy. Get yourself over to England, visit the Lakes and be sure to look me up !

Upvote 0

Sporgon

CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
eml58 said:
Sporgon said:

Lovely Images Sporgon, I seemed to have missed all these lovely places
when I visited the area, seemed to rain an inordinate amount of time, but your shots show just what I missed.

Many thanks eml and quasimodo for your comments.

eml - you and nearly everyone else unfortunately ;) When I lived up there as a lad we used to call it the Rain District ;D

Upvote 0
LOALTD said:
Toketee Falls in Southern Oregon, taken a couple weekends ago.

Very beautiful! Have you thought of maybe cropping it to a panorama size to remove some of the foreground and make the falls more prominent? I just tried it and I think it makes your great photo even more spectacular (imho)? I hope I didn't overstep decorum. Again, great photo. :)

Upvote 0