Post your HDR images:

I recently moved into a new apartment, here's an HDR panorama of one of the new bedrooms, shot with a 5DIII + 24L II. I believe there were a total of 12 frames - 4 sets of 3 frames (-2.3, 0, +2.3) converted into 4 32-bit tiff files, then reprocessed in ACR and photomerged via PSCS6:

Attachments

• New Bedrom Room_HDR Pano.jpg
    New Bedrom Room_HDR Pano.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 1,666
Upvote 0
Dianoda said:
I recently moved into a new apartment, here's an HDR panorama of one of the new bedrooms, shot with a 5DIII + 24L II. I believe there were a total of 12 frames - 4 sets of 3 frames (-2.3, 0, +2.3) converted into 4 32-bit tiff files, then reprocessed in ACR and photomerged via PSCS6:

Very nice. Great use of HDR, not looking like something produced by Looney Tunes.

Upvote 0
CTJohn said:
Dianoda said:

Very nice. Great use of HDR, not looking like something produced by Looney Tunes.

Thanks. Although most of the credit should really go to the HDR processing method I used - creating 32-bit tiffs in Photoshop CS6 and then reprocessing them in ACR makes it very easy to create well-balanced, realistic looking HDRs. Someone here posted B&H-produced tutorial of that functionality awhile back and it really streamlined my approach to HDRs.

Edit: So it was actually Adorama that made the tutorial I'm referring to, highly recommended viewing if you own a copy of CS6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JT1b12BBHs#ws

Upvote 0
gbchriste said:
8667701469_efbfde81fc_c.jpg

Shot about 30 minutes before sunrise. Canon 5D Mark III and 24-70 2.8L II lens, on a tripod, using mirror lockup, a remote shutter release and 5-shot bracketed exposure. Initial tone mapping done with Photomatix Pro.

One of the most inviting HDr's I have seen in a while. Great taste!

Upvote 0
K-amps said:
gbchriste said:
8667701469_efbfde81fc_c.jpg

Shot about 30 minutes before sunrise. Canon 5D Mark III and 24-70 2.8L II lens, on a tripod, using mirror lockup, a remote shutter release and 5-shot bracketed exposure. Initial tone mapping done with Photomatix Pro.

One of the most inviting HDr's I have seen in a while. Great taste!

Thank you kindly! My first attempt at the technique. I've usually shied away from HDR as a bit of a gimmicky technique. I'm not very fond of the usual "over processed" look of so many I see. But I've become something of a fan of Trey Ratcliff, who has really perfected the process of producing natural looking HDR images. I started with his tutorials, many of which are free at his website.

http://www.stuckincustoms.com/

Upvote 0