What is your Canon wish list ?

Body1: EOS 200Dx with much better PD AF, AFMA, some useful SW features, external power plug for 5...30V (USB power bank ... 24 V lead batteries.) + 100 g more weight would be acceptable + some enhanced video features (license it from MagicLantern after giving them money+information to develop it).

Body2: A very compact FF mirrorless with ring around lens base (like Powershot S95) + possibility to use special lenses, e.g. EF-X and to use EF(-S) lenses via 12mm extension tube (dual use) + a 16bit DR mode however it can be realized (10 times larger full well capacity by using third dimension in chip production). I would REALLY LIKE to use my old FD glass on a modern Canon FF camera!

Lens1: 1.4 50mm IS compact but with homogenous and very good IQ over the frame at 1.4, stellar from 2.0 on

Lens2: a f4.0 40-200 L IS USM with similar IQ like 70-200

Lens3: an APS-C f/2.8 20-60mm IS nanoUSM with great IQ and 1:2 macro on the 60mm side.

Upvote 0
LonelyBoy said:
1) 24-300 f/3.5-5.6L IS USM
At the sports event at London, at the men's final of 110m hurdles, the winner left his lane and went to the side line to his fans/friends/familiy/trainer. On the right side, there was a "pro" with a lens that looked like the 100-400 II, but without a hood. To me, it seems he wasn't used to the lens, because he had to take off the cam from his eye to find the zoom-ring. then he took a photo of the scene, 6-8 feet away from him. it is hard for me to belief that he took a photo with 100mm at that distance ... may be that was your new 24/28-300mm lens in the field.
Sorry, i cannot show a picture of the scene, so, may be i'm wrong and the pro took a macro shot of the winner's nose.

Lightthief

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
UK
lightthief said:
LonelyBoy said:
At the sports event at London, at the men's final of 110m hurdles, the winner left his lane and went to the side line to his fans/friends/familiy/trainer. On the right side, there was a "pro" with a lens that looked like the 100-400 II, but without a hood. To me, it seems he wasn't used to the lens, because he had to take off the cam from his eye to find the zoom-ring. then he took a photo of the scene, 6-8 feet away from him. it is hard for me to belief that he took a photo with 100mm at that distance ... may be that was your new 24/28-300mm lens in the field.
Sorry, i cannot show a picture of the scene, so, may be i'm wrong and the pro took a macro shot of the winner's nose.

Lightthief

HA! I saw the exact same thing and thought he was WAY too close for even 100mm, there's also another thread around where I spotted a video with a canon employee demoing the 6D2 with what looked like a 100-400, but fitted with a wide angle hood. Pretty sure that lens is in the wild.

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
UK
Meatcurry said:
lightthief said:
LonelyBoy said:

Lightthief

HA! I saw the exact same thing and thought he was WAY too close for even 100mm, there's also another thread around where I spotted a video with a canon employee demoing the 6D2 with what looked like a 100-400, but fitted with a wide angle hood. Pretty sure that lens is in the wild.

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=33050.0

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
UK
Meatcurry said:
Meatcurry said:
lightthief said:
LonelyBoy said:

Lightthief

Had a look at my deleted programs on my sky box and lo and behold
IMG_1438.jpg

Upvote 0
Meatcurry said:
Meatcurry said:
Meatcurry said:
lightthief said:
LonelyBoy said:

Lightthief

Yes, that was the scene i meant. Haven't found the thread, too. :-\
Thanks!

Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
Meatcurry said:
Meatcurry said:
Meatcurry said:
lightthief said:
LonelyBoy said:

Lightthief

The 28-300 is built in a housing almost identical to the first generation 100-400 (switches on different side of the collar as largest differentiation clue). If Canon does the same (makes sense for the zoom range) for an upcoming 24-300, I'd expect it to look confusingly similar to the 100-400 II.
If that's an EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, it's zoomed to more than 300mm. If it's a 24-300, I guess the put the zoom backwards, like the first 24-70L.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Lens-Product-Images.aspx?Lens=972&LensComp=113&LensComp2=295

Upvote 0
7D Mark III --

22MP, 12 FPS, No AA filter, 13+ stops dynamic range, 1DX2 level AF, Dual SD UHS-II, or one CFast and one UHS-II, Touch Tilt Screen, 200 shot buffer, ISO of 25,600 or more, 4K video without additional crop. $1800.

If anyone thinks this is unrealistic, it is barely more than a D500.

5DSR Mark II --

50MP, 8-9 FPS, No AA filter, 14 stops DR, 1DX2 level AF, CFast + UHS-II SD, Touch Tilt Screen, DPAF, 4K without crop, 45 shot buffer, $3,300.

If anyone thinks this is unrealistic, it is barely more than a D850.

The above would be the real specs if Canon didn't hold back. Reality is, these two releases will eat up 2018 and 2019 and will be no where near as good as what I listed. They will be marginally better than the current models.

Glass:

50mm 1.4 that is at least as sharp as the Sigma Art.
24-70 2.8 IS
70-200 2.8 IS III that is a little lighter weight
135mm F2 II, IS preferred
105mm 1.8
16-200mm EF/S

Upvote 0
A Canon camera body with a full frame sensor based on Foveon technology.

There are a few different flavors of (Sigma) Foveon, and the one I like the most is the generation just before the Merrills. Quattro has the most accurate/natural color rendition to me, though. None would satisfy the high DR crowd, but I would be happy :)

Canon could release the 1DsIV too :)

That would be an awesome 2 camera combo.

Upvote 0
lightthief said:
LonelyBoy said:

Lightthief

I believe that was screencapped in the "possible prototype lens spotted in the wild" thread and the consensus was that it was a regular 100-400ii. Hopefully they're wrong, and it was using the (relatively) newly-patented 24-300 formula.

Not holding my breath for commercial release, but that's what would please me the most.

Edit: Now I see it got posted here, too. :) Nothing like suddenly realizing your wife will be racing down the opposite side of the highway and you're stuck with a 70-200 as your "long" lens for the day...

Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
degos said:
mb66energy said:
Lens2: a f4.0 40-200 L IS USM with similar IQ like 70-200

That would be fabulous for walk-around. I'd like it down to 35mm but that might be asking a bit much.

How about a 35-135 IS? Tamron would probably do it at f/2.8, canon f/4

An affordable 35-85/2-4 IS?

Upvote 0