5D Mark III Video Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BaconBets

Does anyone know if the 5D III will have the capability to edit clips in camera like the 60D. I have searched around, but I haven't found any info on it. Even if it's only a basic editor to trim clips, I think it's invaluable. Anyone who has shot video knows that sometimes you'll have a 1 minute clip that is mostly garbage but you can't delete it because there is a 5 second bit in there that was great, and the whole clip chews up massive hard drive space.

May 12, 2011
BaconBets said:
Does anyone know if the 5D III will have the capability to edit clips in camera like the 60D. I have searched around, but I haven't found any info on it. Even if it's only a basic editor to trim clips, I think it's invaluable. Anyone who has shot video knows that sometimes you'll have a 1 minute clip that is mostly garbage but you can't delete it because there is a 5 second bit in there that was great, and the whole clip chews up massive hard drive space.

Edit: Found it in the press release, answer is yes: "Enhanced processing power provided by DIGIC 5+ also makes it possible to conveniently trim the length of recorded movies in-camera."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.