Adobe Creative Cloud What do you think of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLPhoto

Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
Mar 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
www.Ramonlperez.com
2n10 said:
What does everybody think of Adobe's Creative Cloud?

Is it worth it for you?

How valuable is their storage to you?

I see for professionals how it could definitely be worthwhile but what about amateurs and hobbyists?

I don't bother with it. Its just another thing I would have to manage. I prefer our company server. :p

Upvote 0

fotoray

5D Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
IMHO this is like leasing vs buying a car. Creative Cloud is Adobe leasing you software - you never own the software - but you always have the latest versions. You pay forever until you're willing or able to buy. Car leasing vs buying is the same way. Leasing only makes sense (to me) if you can deduct some of the cost as a business expense - and you always NEED the latest version. :)

Upvote 0
fotoray said:
IMHO this is like leasing vs buying a car. Creative Cloud is Adobe leasing you software - you never own the software - but you always have the latest versions. You pay forever until you're willing or able to buy. Car leasing vs buying is the same way. Leasing only makes sense (to me) if you can deduct some of the cost as a business expense - and you always NEED the latest version. :)

Actually, you never really have owned the software, merely a license to use it.

For me, I'll just keep upgrading LR, and maybe occasionally PS (probably rarely, and only if I really need). If I need any of the other major products, I'll download the trial for a month, and if I really really need it I'll buy it, or just pay for another month or two until I'm done needing it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.