All Nikon F-mount gear is officially out of production

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
This shouldn’t come as a surprise, but Nikon has concluded all production of F-mount cameras and lenses. This may have been the case for a while, but it was only recently confirmed. There will continue to be inventory of F-mount gear for the foreseeable future, but the end of the DSLR era for Nikon is

See full article...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

P-visie

EOS 5 - R5
CR Pro
Sep 14, 2020
Netherlands
www.p-visie.nl
According to a Nikon spokesperson, this rumor is false: “We will refrain from commenting on information posted on external websites. Production, sales, and support for F-mount products will continue as usual, so please continue to use them with confidence."
Sources: Digicame and there is a post on Petapixel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
On a related note, the good news here is that we are finally starting to see some price relief on high end Canon pre-owned EF glass and that's a good thing, for sure. While I have sold off most of my EF glass, I continue to hold my EF-R adapters, until such day as I see a bargain on a super tele EF L lens or maybe an EF24-70mm F2.8L or other high end zoom lens. I never thought I would see the day when you could purchase a pristine pre-owned Canon EF11-24mm F4L lens in the $1-1500.00 range. Now, I frequently see them listed on Ebay and other sites in that price range. Can't wait to see how the new R1 body's upcoming release will ultimately affect pricing for EOS 1DX lll bodies, both new and pre-owned. While I will probably never own an R1 body, I might consider picking up a 1DX lll body to use with my 500mm F4L lens.

Upvote 0