Big Announcements Coming Next Week [CR3]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p class="p1">We’re told the embargo/NDA expires on Friday, February 6, 2015 for these upcoming products. These products would line up with the CP+ show in Japan next month.</p>
<ul>
<li class="p1">The two high megapixel cameras, with and without an AA filter. Resolution is said to be 53mp (though the pixel count is not CR3)</li>
<li class="p1">The EOS Rebel T6i/750D.</li>
<li class="p1">EF 11-24 f/4L</li>
<li class="p1">EOS M3 Camera</li>
<li class="p1">Various PowerShot cameras</li>
</ul>
<p>We weren’t given any specifications for any of the cameras, just that they’d be made public at the end of next week.</p>
<p>We don’t know the availability of the cameras, though we had heard March for the big megapixel bodies, which <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2015/01/50mp-cameras-coming-in-march-cr1/" target="_blank">we reported as the announcement date</a>. This could in fact be the availability date.</p>
<p><em>More to come…</em></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

I cannot wait to upgrade my 5D Mark II. ;D

750D is a given, there was even a leaked image awhile back from that Canon media center thing.

11-24mm f/4 would probably not have a bulge like a 14-24mm f/2.8 Nikon.

I wonder if Canon will come out with a APS-C or Full Frame PowerShot to compete with Sony, Leica, Fujifilm, Sigma, Ricoh & Nikon.

Not interested with EOS M system unless Canon comes out with a Speed Booster-like product.

NDA expires on Friday, February 6, 2015 for CP+ happening between Thursday, February 12 to Sunday, February 15, 2015

Upvote 0
Well, we finally find out whether Canon either can or cares to match Exmor and whether to live with a mish-mash of older Canon bodies plus new adapted Sony or go Nikon for some....

Hopefully it's not just the 7D2 sensor made FF size.

And whether Canon is smart enough and willing to change enough to give it a decent fps in a full-reach cropped mode (like Nikon) or will cripple it to static shots only....

And perhaps whether they punt or charge forward for video again or not....

Upvote 0
I'm very much interested for the next Rebel, and the M3.

I need a smaller APS-C camera (Canon System) that's not too pricey but can produce better quality pictures than my SX50.

If the Rebel and M3 are too expensive for its offered features, I can settle for the T5i, which will go down in price.

You see, we have our own reasons to be excited for what others think are not that exciting to them.

Upvote 0
sdfreeland said:
dolina said:

The leaked images of what is thought to be the lens shows it has a bulb lens on the front. at 11mm I can't see how it could have a flat frontal lens.
Good point so why make it f/4 then? Making it cheaper than Nikon seeming users will stop it down slower than f/4?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
jebrady03 said:
I'm still proceeding under the assumption that the "big megapixel" camera is actually a DPAF sensor where the megapixel count of images will be half that of the number of photosites. So, I'm expecting a 26-ish mp camera. Which would be fine with me, I don't need and truthfully can't handle (processing) over 50 megapixels.

Is the 70D specified as a 40 MP camera?

Upvote 0
sdfreeland said:
dolina said:

The leaked images of what is thought to be the lens shows it has a bulb lens on the front. at 11mm I can't see how it could have a flat frontal lens.

Yeah I can't imagine they hit 11mm without a bulge unless it take worse picks than literally using a coke bottle.

Upvote 0
Triggyman said:
I'm very much interested for the next Rebel, and the M3.
I need a smaller APS-C camera (Canon System) that's not too pricey but can produce better quality pictures than my SX50.
If the Rebel and M3 are too expensive for its offered features, I can settle for the T5i, which will go down in price.
You see, we have our own reasons to be excited for what others think are not that exciting to them.
Yes, I'm excited about the new products, but 50 megapixel is not for me, and 11-24mm is not for my bank account. :-\

Just the fact that silence those who grumble the absence of a competitor for D810 already makes me happy. ;D

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
jebrady03 said:
I'm still proceeding under the assumption that the "big megapixel" camera is actually a DPAF sensor where the megapixel count of images will be half that of the number of photosites. So, I'm expecting a 26-ish mp camera. Which would be fine with me, I don't need and truthfully can't handle (processing) over 50 megapixels.

No. But the talk prior to it being released was that there was a 40-something mp APSC camera coming. So, I'm just going under the assumption that this talk is exactly the same scenario. Talk of high mp that actually turns out to be high photodiode.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012
jebrady03 said:
neuroanatomist said:
jebrady03 said:

No. But the talk prior to it being released was that there was a 40-something mp APSC camera coming. So, I'm just going under the assumption that this talk is exactly the same scenario. Talk of high mp that actually turns out to be high photodiode.
I doubt it. Canon has spent significant dollars developing and producing new leases with pretty spectacular performance (so much so that, on average, the 5D3 out resolves the D800, even though it has 14 million fewer pixels). I have long suspected that they were doing that in part to prepare for a higher-resolution body (rather than doing it in the other order).

Upvote 0