• Cowboy_Mawhinney.png
    Cowboy_Mawhinney.png
    692.3 KB · Views: 1,709

candyman

EOS 5D Mark IV
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
tphillips63 said:
I never noticed until I read this but comparing IE and Chrome side by side it is obvious.
http://mansurovs.com/is-your-browser-color-managed

There is color difference as well when using IE 9. However, it is minor compared to Chrome. Wow.
I, however, worry more about seeing/working on color in post processing of my photos. I sometime deliver a photo that looks good on my laptop, but looks less good on someone elses laptop. That worries me. I want to make sure that my post processing is coming out in a way that it looks good on other screens as well. Don't know how to manage that...... :-\

robbinzo

EOS M6 Mark II
Jul 4, 2012
Took this with 550D and 100mm L f/2.8 macro through a glass screen.

Attachments

• Orangutan Cape.jpg
    Orangutan Cape.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 1,651

cayenne

EOS R6
CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Just curious about most of these...

Are they only for your private collection and enjoyment...or, did you get signed waivers and try to make some $$ for these?

I noticed many have watermarks and copyright symbols on them, so that made me think they were likely trying to be protected for sales reasons.

I'm trying to learn what and when you need as far as model releases, especially if just taking street photos....and possibly wanting to market them.

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

B

briansquibb

cayenne said:

Are they only for your private collection and enjoyment...or, did you get signed waivers and try to make some $$ for these?

I noticed many have watermarks and copyright symbols on them, so that made me think they were likely trying to be protected for sales reasons.

I'm trying to learn what and when you need as far as model releases, especially if just taking street photos....and possibly wanting to market them.

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

Mine are not commercial so do not need model release

In a legal sense, you only need a model release for commercial use and not editorial (if taken from a public area). However, if a portrait appears in a magazine, it can cause issues, that complicates things, so I think publications are getting a bit more careful, therefore it's always better to have one for either purpose, especially if it doesn't fit as an event photo or fits a specific purpose/article. It's one of the reasons I mostly steer clear of people, as I try to avoid comlications as much as possible. Also, sometimes people can get a bit annoyed at having their photo taken and there is always the chance of problems (especially with children of course)

wickidwombat

EOS R5
Oct 27, 2011
cayenne said:

Thanks in advance,

cayenne
if you have an iphone the easiest way of dealing with model releases is to use this app

http://www.vmrelease.com/

you can customise it with you businese logo and its sooo much more convenient than carrying papers around which tend to blow everywhere in the wind. and you will always have it with you, unless you lose your phone that is. it would be good if they made it back up to the icloud though.

N

newbieshooter

she sad that day

Attachments

• Can_Day_2012_sad_girl-3.jpg
    Can_Day_2012_sad_girl-3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1,481

roumin

EOS M50
Mar 14, 2012
Santa Monica Beach, California. Canon 5D3, 24-70 f/2.8, ISO250, 1/640, Aperture-priority AE. I did not think she noticed me, until I saw the picture.

Attachments

• homeless in santa monica.jpg
    homeless in santa monica.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,469
D

ddhacor

One of my favorites. My daughter decorating her little brother's birthday cake. Canon AE-1P, 400 iso, 50mm 1.8.

Attachments

• CakeDeco_2.jpg
    CakeDeco_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,275

Kathode-Ray

Shoot, shoot, shoot!
Jun 29, 2012
Here's one of my 2.5 yr old daughter.

Shot with a 60D and EF-S 60mm macro.

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_9833_sm.jpg
    IMG_9833_sm.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,091

wickidwombat

EOS R5
Oct 27, 2011
cemsen said:
have been following CR for a very long time now. time to stop being a lazy arse and post something, for what it's worth.

Mark III / 135mm

nice first post!

I like the composition of this even though her head is in the center of frame the oof british flags and underground symbol kept in the top provide nice context and fill that space nicely

Northstar

EOS 5D Mark IV
Mar 31, 2012
US - Midwest
Kamera Obscura said:
That's the first thing that came to my mind after I took the picture.

May I kindly ask what prompted you curiosity? It could help my Photo eye ball.

Thanks,
dario.

Hi...I guess I noticed the background images first...they're unique and "crazy".

K

Kamera Obscura

and the cat came back.

dario.

Attachments

• finnslough3.gif
    finnslough3.gif
    443.4 KB · Views: 1,711