Candid portraits

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
tphillips63 said:
I never noticed until I read this but comparing IE and Chrome side by side it is obvious.
http://mansurovs.com/is-your-browser-color-managed

There is color difference as well when using IE 9. However, it is minor compared to Chrome. Wow.
I, however, worry more about seeing/working on color in post processing of my photos. I sometime deliver a photo that looks good on my laptop, but looks less good on someone elses laptop. That worries me. I want to make sure that my post processing is coming out in a way that it looks good on other screens as well. Don't know how to manage that...... :-\

Upvote 0
Can you really have a "candid portrait"? Assuming a portrait is posed, it seems impossible:)
Anyway,
7D+70-200 f/4 L IS, 0.008 sec (1/125), f/4.0, 70 mm, ISO 160 Exposure Bias -1/3 EV

Untitled by dawgfanjeff, on Flickr

Couldn't resist this one:
7D+70-200 f/4 L IS, 0.003 sec (1/400), f/8.0, 183 mm, ISO 100 Exposure Bias 0 EV

Portrait Outtake by dawgfanjeff, on Flickr

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Just curious about most of these...

Are they only for your private collection and enjoyment...or, did you get signed waivers and try to make some $$ for these?

I noticed many have watermarks and copyright symbols on them, so that made me think they were likely trying to be protected for sales reasons.

I'm trying to learn what and when you need as far as model releases, especially if just taking street photos....and possibly wanting to market them.

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

cayenne said:

Are they only for your private collection and enjoyment...or, did you get signed waivers and try to make some $$ for these?

I noticed many have watermarks and copyright symbols on them, so that made me think they were likely trying to be protected for sales reasons.

I'm trying to learn what and when you need as far as model releases, especially if just taking street photos....and possibly wanting to market them.

Thanks in advance,

cayenne

Mine are not commercial so do not need model release

Upvote 0
In a legal sense, you only need a model release for commercial use and not editorial (if taken from a public area). However, if a portrait appears in a magazine, it can cause issues, that complicates things, so I think publications are getting a bit more careful, therefore it's always better to have one for either purpose, especially if it doesn't fit as an event photo or fits a specific purpose/article. It's one of the reasons I mostly steer clear of people, as I try to avoid comlications as much as possible. Also, sometimes people can get a bit annoyed at having their photo taken and there is always the chance of problems (especially with children of course)

Upvote 0
cayenne said:

Thanks in advance,

cayenne
if you have an iphone the easiest way of dealing with model releases is to use this app

http://www.vmrelease.com/

you can customise it with you businese logo and its sooo much more convenient than carrying papers around which tend to blow everywhere in the wind. and you will always have it with you, unless you lose your phone that is. it would be good if they made it back up to the icloud though.

Upvote 0

I love this guy's look. Take a few pictures of him every time I go to the farm market. This one's better than most because of EF-135mm L.

IMG0719-M.jpg

Upvote 0
cemsen said:
have been following CR for a very long time now. time to stop being a lazy arse and post something, for what it's worth.

Mark III / 135mm

nice first post!

I like the composition of this even though her head is in the center of frame the oof british flags and underground symbol kept in the top provide nice context and fill that space nicely

Upvote 0
tphillips63 said:
I never noticed until I read this but comparing IE and Chrome side by side it is obvious.
http://mansurovs.com/is-your-browser-color-managed

Ha ha, tested this on IE both on my work PC and on my home PC, and both times the pictures looked different. I'll try chrome at home and see what happens.

Peace! 8)

Upvote 0