Candid portraits

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Eneade said:
I used to take lots of candid portraits with 600D + 70-200 f/4 IS but finally stopped. It is not really honnest to take pictures of people with such a zoom (equivalent of 320mm on FF).

hair twisting par Eneade, sur Flickr

297-RTC-2+bandes par Eneade, sur Flickr

641-RTC-1-2+bandes par Eneade, sur Flickr

184-1-RTC3 par Eneade, sur Flickr

Well, if you're doing it for personal shots, and not doing anything commercially (I'm guessing by reading your post you didn't talk to them and get a released signed)...what's the problem with taking these shots in a public place?

I think they look wonderful...thanks for sharing!!

C

Upvote 0
@ cayenne : you got it, I did not talk to people. I took so many pictures of people at that time and only keeping a few that it would have been a terrible waste of time to ask to every single person I took a picture of. Only the first shot uploaded made it to my Flickr page, the three other ones I had never shown.

As far as using the zoom, it was not really honnest as people don't see you taking the picture from that distance. It's more of an honest battle to go with a shorter lens. The old "street photography" thing...

361-RTC-1 par Eneade, sur Flickr

Upvote 0

Jim O

Driving the short bus
Aug 6, 2013
No one said they had to be human, did they?

This was taken with a 60D and a 300mm f/4 IS wide open. She was probably 60 feet from me, or so. Focus point was at the dog's nose and you can see the narrow depth of field. Even with her very small snout her left eye is slightly out of focus.

Attachments

• lucy.jpg
    lucy.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 520
Upvote 0