Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 support added to Adobe software

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
If you haven’t checked Creative Cloud today, you should do so as Adobe has released Camera RAW 12.4 which adds Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6 RAW .CR3 to Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Lightroom.
Adobe has added support for the following Canon cameras:

Canon EOS R5
Canon EOS R6

Adobe has added support for the following Canon lenses:

Canon RF 85mm F2 MACRO IS STM
Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM
Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF1.4x
Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L IS USM + EXTENDER RF2x

[url=https://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-r5-and-canon-eos-r6-support-added-to-adobe-software/]Continue reading...

Picked my R5 up from the shop late this afternoon and just got in from it's first use to see this update. Couldn't have timed it better. I was just laughing all the way around the park in disbelief at the AF. Birds fighting/chasing in the water, flying around. The camera just tracked it all by eye and didn't skip a beat. I'm still in shock o_O.

Reactions: 17 users
Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2019
Picked my R5 up from the shop late this afternoon and just got in from it's first use to see this update. Couldn't have timed it better. I was just laughing all the way around the park in disbelief at the AF. Birds fighting/chasing in the water, flying around. The camera just tracked it all by eye and didn't skip a beat. I'm still in shock o_O.
Welcome to the future :LOL:

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Glad you like it is a superb camera

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015

Are you using R mount glass? I am using the EF-RF adapter and have had great success so far too!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Are you using R mount glass? I am using the EF-RF adapter and have had great success so far too!

All EF glass with the adapter currently and it's flawless! Used my EF 70-200 mk ii today whilst I'm waiting on my 100-400 mk ii to get repaired. Think I'll sell the 100-400, along with my R and some other stuff and get the RF 100-500, whenever that releases. Itching for Sigma and Samyang to release some RF primes too.

Upvote 0

Kiton

Too deep in Canon to list! :o
Jun 13, 2015
All EF glass with the adapter currently and it's flawless! Used my EF 70-200 mk ii today whilst I'm waiting on my 100-400 mk ii to get repaired. Think I'll sell the 100-400, along with my R and some other stuff and get the RF 100-500, whenever that releases. Itching for Sigma and Samyang to release some RF primes too.

I am waiting to try the 100-500 first hand before I dump the 100-400. I use that lens on spot news and feature assignments a lot. I have read if you set your camera to 1/3 stops it acts like a 6.3, not a 7.1. But my shop will lend it to me for a few hours to take on a walk before I buy. So far the 70-200 has been flawless.

After testing this camera on every newspaper job since it was released, I sold or am in the process of selling my 5d 4, 50 1.4 (not a great lens anyway) 35 f2, 28 IS, and a few others to get more RF glass. I have 2 1dx mk 2 bodies, but so far, I prefer the R5. The only aspects that the 1d is better in to date, is battery life (which is AMAZING) and boot up from sleep time. If football ever returns, I think I would trust the 1dX in the rain at a game before the R5 tho, just a feeling.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019

I'm kind of in this odd boat where all I have between 35 mm and 100mm on the EF mount is three rather pedestrian primes (40mm pancake, 50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, no Ls). Bringing my 100-400 IIL to the RF party (with an adapter) as well as the 15-35 that I decided to go ahead and buy now, means I have no midrange zoom on the R5. I did order a 25-105 refurb (along with an RP, refurb) but that's on backorder for who knows how long.

I suppose I COULD grab that Tamron 18-200 APSC lens and use IT and accept the fact that it will take circular photos (the R5 doesn't recognize the tammies as APS-C so it doesn't go into crop mode automatically, and I'm probably too forgetful to switch back and forth from it myself).

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0