Canon EOS RP Specifications & Images

Jul 28, 2015
I'm sure that for 99.9% of this camera's intended audience / purchasing market....the slightly inferior SNR isn't an issue. The only people who seem to worry about things like this are Sony / Nikon trolls who seem to think it's the only measurement that matters.

For most users this camera will outperform 99% of it's users.

Yep. I am looking on the RP as someone who has a FF rig wanting a small second camera giving access to native Canon lenses without having to buy into the M series. They don;t necessarily want the best possible camera, simply a smaller FF body to carry around in a smaller bag.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I've mixed feelings on the design of the shutter dropping to protect the sensor it exchanges one vulnerability for another. I really do like the concept but when I see that shutter exposed it just makes me feel a little uneasy it seems so delicate.
My 24-70 would live on it, so not a problem for me. I've not experienced dust problems on my Olympus, yet. Sensors are easy enough to clean though.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I'm sure that for 99.9% of this camera's intended audience / purchasing market....the slightly inferior SNR isn't an issue. The only people who seem to worry about things like this are Sony / Nikon trolls who seem to think it's the only measurement that matters.

For most users this camera will outperform 99% of it's users.
Exactly. Fine camera for the money in my opinion. If a camera had everything everyone wants... nobody could afford it. The skill of the person using a tool matters more than miniscule spec sheet differences like this.

Upvote 0
My 2c, given only 48 hours with the camera.

It's a great purchase for the money: full frame, native EF lenses and smaller than my SL1, which is now "officially" retired!

The good: as above; Accurate AF; EVF is not noticeably 'E', until... see below

The bad: EVF - not bright enough outdoors (no option to change); not the blackout, but the 'freeze frame' & preview, while trying to compose next shot; EVF too slow to activate, when bringing camera to eye.
AF - no idea what 'auto' is trying to lock on; 'spot' is fiddly to change (miss the joystick)

Things to get used to: buttons a little close together, for recalling customised settings (AF on, set to AF OFF; *, set to centre the focus point); don't leave in 'M' mode - no image visible until the exposure settings are close!

Upvote 0