Canon Lens Mug - Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavidD

"Free Lens Mug! The folks at Photojojo has sent Canon Rumors a 70-200 f/4L IS mug to give away.
"How do I win? It’s simple, Photojojo is fun bunch of people, so something fun in return is in order.
"Post in the forum which fun, unique, crazy, wacky feature should become a reality in future Canon DSLRs. Post pictures, sketches, words, whatever.
Ok, this is the best hour I've wasted in a couple of weeks. I love the Hubble Lens kit, Beeping sound while I'm backing up, and the Critical Composition App (and so many more) - too much fun. Thank you everyone.

Excellent and Obvious (I second all these) dedicated mirror lock button, allow exposure time limit to increment up to 5 minutes (300 seconds), 9 exposure HDR, firmware Intervalometer, Optional anti-aliasing filter, one open-specification cross-brand lens mount.

Extra Clever: calibrate phase-detect focus with contrast-detect, and shoot 'tethered' without a cord. Yes !

1. Please let my first suggestion be the Canon Mug needs Image Stabilization for those of us who want to try the Kevorkian drink with 12 shots of expresso ! (not me tho)

2. Allow use of Standard Batteries (rather inconvenient when B&H couldn't get genuine 5D2 batteries for weeks.

3a. Maximum Exposure setting overrides all other exposure settings : No matter what the time setting is - when first pixel gets fully exposed (loosely like 255 brightness in 8-bit) the exposure stops - period. I'd leave this switch on most of the time.

3b. Until we get a fully Electronic Shutter (silent and never needs replacing, not even at 10 million shots), I suspect that because of the mechanical delay for shutter closing, this Maximum Exposure setting would need a prediction algorithm.

4. Kind of related -- a Max Dynamic range dial. Pretty soon our DSLRs are going to jump from 10 (ish) stops to 14 or so. To increase contrast in very flat sorghum-stenches (like overcast) we might want to dial down the maximum dynamic range (Yes that is an argument for LDR - lol ! ).

5. Focus Bracketing firmware (easy to program) would allow macro stuff and even landscapes to be crystal clear.

Thanks again for all the fun.

Upvote 0
P

photoj13

-Preset photo styles like the iPhone and Droid have. The ability to create snapshots that have a cool faded or vintage effect right in camera would be sweet! If a phone can do it, why not a sophisticated DSLR?

-A new timer that lets you program the amount of seconds BULB setting stays open without the use of a remote.

-A notification beep that alerts you when your CF card is reaching max capacity.

Upvote 0
L

laikinasis

I'd say canon needs a lens-washing machine. Let me explain. Photographers work hard, their feet become sweaty and socks - smelly. What I would like to see is a 24-70 sized lens-thing, allowing to pour water / shampoo and employ USM for speedy sock wash. I'd say stabilizer would be optional in this case, as the camera might vibrate during washes... Battery pack with dedicated sock storage would be welcome too.

Upvote 0
Imagine that you are shooting a landscape and a rare bird lands on a nearby limb.

The camera should be able to accurately shoot out a glob of adhesive, fastening the bird to the branch. Then you have plenty of time to switch to a telephoto lens and adjust settings without missing the shot.

Of course the glue should biodegrade in a minute or two, releasing the bird.

Upvote 0
N

newphoto

I am really getting to old to take my Canon camera out to take pictures. It is too hot, gasoline is too expensive,and the Natl Parks are too crowded. I think it is high time that new versions of Canon cameras no longer require a photographer. I want to be able to tell my camera to pick out a lens, put it on, and get out there and take some photographs. This will certainly put Canon in the lead as I am almost certain that no other cameras, even the Sony A77 (although it comes close) operate without a photographer. The old saying that " no good photograph can happen with your camera sitting on a shelf" will no longer be true. I have no doubt that there will be some technical aspects to be worked out, but surely a company as fantastic as Canon can figure them out. For the time being I will still be willing to do the post processing myself.

Upvote 0

DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
www.flickr.com
For years, a digital camera has been a feature in cell phones, so let's add a cell phone feature to digital cameras!

Just think, no bulky smart phone to carry when you're lugging around your super-telephoto prime!

Poor reception? No problem, just throw on an extender! Your call IQ may degrade, however... ;)

C'mon, folks, this is the technology for which you've been waiting! It's time to think differently.

6098423778_5e7dc7730c_m.jpg

Upvote 0
N

nzmargolies

A small antigravity attachment that goes in the tripod screw that makes the camera float. It would stay in the orientation you've pointed.
It could also just dramatically reduce the weight of the setup, in turn making everything infinitely hand-hold-able.
Or, it could have two modes, a stationary mode for long exposures and a weight reducing mode for heavy lens use.

Upvote 0
Canon goes RETRO.

Really retro. Introducing the new/old Canon OOS (Old Optical System) 1890Ds camera. Built with simplicity in mind, the 1890Ds camera has only one button -- the shutter! Impress your friends with this oldest of old technology. You'll have hours of fun attempting to develop images the old-fashioned way!

1890ds.jpg

Black and white images only. Wooden tripod not included. Flash attachment extra. Gun Powder extra. (Canon is not liable for flash burns.)

Only $1,890...Order yours today!

Upvote 0
P

pc1986

Use a few of the outer perimeter "uneffective" pixels or some dedicated pixels in CMOS image sensor to collect white balance data with each photo taken and then have the software or the Digic processor automatically white balance to this known "gray" pixel. Canon can accomplish this by putting a gray micro filter or micro lens over a few pixels. Then, when every photo is taken the gray filtered pixel can act as a reference pixel for white balance. This way every shot is compensated for the exact lighting used for that photo and white balance should be near perfect. In other works, this is like a built in Expodisc or white balance lens cap or white balance card. See attached diagram.

Attachments

• GrayReference Pixel.jpg
    GrayReference Pixel.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 564
Upvote 0
A

ArtEye Photo

photoj13 said:
-A new timer that lets you program the amount of seconds BULB setting stays open without the use of a remote.

-A notification beep that alerts you when your CF card is reaching max capacity.

Two excellent ideas... and to add to that, it would be great to have a Bluetooth tether mode that works with iOS or Android devices, so I could have more creative remote control using my iPod Touch, for instance. Example - an iOS app that allows Bulb setting control, etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.