Canon Lens Mug - Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommytucker7182

i was going to say a retina scanner, but read through and it was already taken (doh)

so instead i will say adobe photoshop inside cameras, and therefore u can edit on the go......

we are half way there already, with all the sort of editing available on smartphones....

also on the flip side, would be good to have 3g in cameras, imagin controlling ur camera through the internet.....!!!!

Upvote 0
I want a camera the size of a micro four-thirds, with a full-frame sensor. It should, of course, have as a tack-sharp 14-400mm f/1.0 kit lens that's light and easilly pocketable. Like that new "light field" technology that's been shown around, you could change the focus of the picture after you've taken it.

Its sensor should have practically no noise and such an amazing dynamic range that you could just change your iso in post production. Shooting RAW, you'd just take your picture, and it would have details in the darkest of shadows and the brightest of highlights. You would decide later what iso the picture should be at (much like you can choose your white balance after the fact).

Upvote 0
N

negora

I don't envy you for having to read all these most certainly wonderful ideas. It would be nice to see a top 10 at the end!

As for what I would like to see, in DSLRs in general, is a DBP (or a Dust-bunny Preventer). Forget shaking the sensor, it simply doesn't work.

What I propose is a hardware based solution: a simple sliding curtain with a sliding knob that one slides in place before taking the lens off, and slides it back off when the new lens is attached. A very crude schema is attached.

Attachments

• canon_rumours_dslr_dust_protecter.png
    canon_rumours_dslr_dust_protecter.png
    183.1 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 0
C

canonian

Here's one for all the photographers who appreciate the true art of spot coloring ;)

Add an eye recognition feature so that when you look through the viewfinder, the camera detects what you're looking at when the photo is taken and will retain the color of that portion of the image while desaturating everything else.

To make it even cooler, there could be a custom function to select what color to make that part of the image where the photographer want to keep in color.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0
F

f1point4

Built-in Hover-mode (Hv on the mode dial)

Perfect for all those times you're at a press conference, concert or breaking-news event but you're a chronic late-sleeper, have dubious press credentials you bought in the alley, or otherwise always find yourself at the back of the crowd of real photographers and can't see beans let alone be able to get a good shot.

Collapsible rotors hidden inside the pentaprism pop up* on demand and fly your camera to the front of the crowd, hovering there to get you the best view. (*remember to detach your Speedlite before setting Hv mode)

The included iPhone app lets you remotely fly the hover cam, see a live-view image on the iPhone screen, control exposure and take photos from the comfort of your back row seat.

Not recommended for use during lightning storms or hurricane-force winds.

:)

Attachments

• 1Ds_HoverMode.jpg
    1Ds_HoverMode.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 500
Upvote 0
Firmware that accepts plug-ins. Open a Canon Apps store where for $1 you can download a plug-in which, for example:

- enables AEB in 7 or 9 exposures,
-or sets different limits on auto ISO
-or perhaps give new video capabilities,
-or perhaps Noise Ninja or Neat Image or Topaz noise reduction plug-ins
-or in camera HDR
-or ISO expansion to ISO 25 or 200,000,

Make the source code available to developers, (or open source)
then find out what new capabilities third party developers can dream up...

Then you can truly pick the features you want. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.