Canon officially announces the Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 135mm f/1.8L IS USM and Canon Speedlite EL-5

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
An R5 Mk.II with improved eye-control AF? As soon as it gets announced, I'll order one. The various AF control buttons are no use for me, my right thumb having grown insensitive.
I'm not at all bothered about eye-control AF, I generally just place the central AF spot over the subject and let the camera track it as I recompose. For landscapes I generally focus manually, and for macro I prefocus manually at the desired reproduction ratio and then rock back and forth until the subject is in sharp focus. But I appreciate it would be handy for you, I'd just turn it off.

What I'd like most to see in the "R5 Mkii" are:

Sensor with better DR and better mid-high ISO performance (45MP is enough for me).
Faster readout.
Much longer battery life.
"Stickier" autofocus, that works in all AF zone options.
Higher resolution EVF with DSLR-like natural light simulation.
Exposure bracketing in electronic shutter burst.
Choice of slow/medium/hi-speed bursts with electronic shutter.
Elimination of freezes and lockups.

Upvote 0
No, but I have no interest in being convinced or debating other points of view on this matter. It was a statement, not a question or invitation to debate. I respect Your and other opinion as yours, but not really into being bullied by more then one person or being ridiculed because i dont find popular opinion "CANON RF IS THE BEST ... bla bla bla" to be my cup of tea. Please ... just scroll past. Do not hit reply.
Nope. If you think the responses you've had constitute bullying, perhaps the internet is not the place for you. Also: you don't get to dictate what happens here.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Aug 7, 2018
About the VAT discussion: I noticed that B&H offers a credit card and if you use that credit card to buy something there, they will pay you the taxes back. At least Jared Polin mentioned that in one of his last video. Is that really true? That sounds much to good to be true. What are the caveats of that? Can you really buy an R3 with that credit card and you will not have to pay the VAT?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
No, but I have no interest in being convinced or debating other points of view on this matter. It was a statement, not a question or invitation to debate. I respect Your and other opinion as yours, but not really into being bullied by more then one person or being ridiculed because i dont find popular opinion "CANON RF IS THE BEST ... bla bla bla" to be my cup of tea. Please ... just scroll past. Do not hit reply.
If you don’t want to be challenged, just don’t post here. That’s how forums work. Probably no one expects to convince you to change your opinion, but nor should you just except people to ‘just scroll past’.

As for being bullied, lol. As was previously stated, if a few people posting replies that challenge your opinion is your definition of bullying, you can’t handle the internet.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
About the VAT discussion: I noticed that B&H offers a credit card and if you use that credit card to buy something there, they will pay you the taxes back. At least Jared Polin mentioned that in one of his last video. Is that really true? That sounds much to good to be true. What are the caveats of that? Can you really buy an R3 with that credit card and you will not have to pay the VAT?
It’s been discussed several times here in the past few days. Yes, it’s true - they have a PayBoo credit card. It’s B&H‘s way of giving a discount without ostensibly offering a lower price than Canon recommends.

Upvote 0
If you don’t want to be challenged, just don’t post here. That’s how forums work. Probably no one expects to convince you to change your opinion, but nor should you just except people to ‘just scroll past’.

As for being bullied, lol. As was previously stated, if a few people posting replies that challenge your opinion is your definition of bullying, you can’t handle the internet.
It seems to me that you dont understand when someone dont want to fight you but you keep on pushing like a drunk on friday night who is just too unaware when he is about to enter situation he is not equiped to handle. I find it like its a chum to a shark when someone dont want to argue. In other words ... people can have opinions, express them and then choose not to argue with other people. Its how world works too, not just forums. Oh and its called being functioning adult.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Why should he? Seems you don’t want people dictating to you, but you’re perfectly comfortable dictating to them. That’s called hypocrisy.
Do You know what a devils advocate is? Its a person who argues for other people, while not being asked to or invited into said conversation. This is actual definition of such person. "A person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments". Me ... i find you boring.

Upvote 0
Another nice feature is shutter speed of 1/16000 is now available in electronic mode.
But does ES still lock us out of 14-bit like it does on the R5/6 even when not shooting in high-speed modes? I don't want to get bumped down to 12-bit just because I want to shoot a daylight portrait wide open or want to reduce vibration for landscape.

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Nor do you. So for the last time, please go away and let me be.
You need to realise that the whole purpose of a forum is to DEBATE. That's why we're here. Sometimes we are able to pass on valuable information to HELP others get the best out of their gear. Why take things so personally? No one has "bullied" you, they've just given their opinions, which you are free to accept, ignore or refute.

Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
That's terrible. You can't use BBF presumably, and have to rely on the shutter button? :cry:
That's exactly what I'm doing, but it's no major issue, since, for many subjects, I focus manually.
Actually, I "suffer" ;) from a loss of sensitivity, but can still repair mechanical items like clocks or cameras. The difficulty is only in locating small protuberances, i.e. AF buttons. Not tragic at all, but eye control AF would be optimal for me...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jethro

EOS R
CR Pro
Jul 14, 2018
Do You know what a devils advocate is? Its a person who argues for other people, while not being asked to or invited into said conversation. This is actual definition of such person. "A person who expresses a contentious opinion in order to provoke debate or test the strength of the opposing arguments". Me ... i find you boring.
This is a public forum, not a private discussion. If you don't want to hear / see a particular other poster, block them. But you ain't going to change the reality of a public forum. If you really want to close off this 'discussion', why keep postng increasingly pathetic responses?

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
I'm not at all bothered about eye-control AF, I generally just place the central AF spot over the subject and let the camera track it as I recompose. For landscapes I generally focus manually, and for macro I prefocus manually at the desired reproduction ratio and then rock back and forth until the subject is in sharp focus. But I appreciate it would be handy for you, I'd just turn it off.

What I'd like most to see in the "R5 Mkii" are:

Sensor with better DR and better mid-high ISO performance (45MP is enough for me).
Faster readout.
Much longer battery life.
"Stickier" autofocus, that works in all AF zone options.
Higher resolution EVF with DSLR-like natural light simulation.
Exposure bracketing in electronic shutter burst.
Choice of slow/medium/hi-speed bursts with electronic shutter.
Elimination of freezes and lockups.
Yes, a more natural looking EVF would be fine.
And a count-down of available shots on SD and CF too (provided it hasn't been implemented yet on the R5). I have it on my Leica M and use it quite often, in order not to miss an "important" picture when the SD is almost full.

Upvote 0

entoman

wildlife photography
May 8, 2015
UK
Do You know what a devils advocate is?
As a self-confessed "devils advocate" I can tell you that it can often be educational. It teaches me to challenge "standard" views. Sometimes I'm wrong and the other guy is right, which leads me to revise my opinion. Sometimes the other guy picks up a useful piece of information from me. That's how it works. On CR you can expect to be challenged, and you can expect a bit of banter. If you can't handle that, I think really you should try another site ;)

Upvote 0
As a self-confessed "devils advocate" I can tell you that it can often be educational. It teaches me to challenge "standard" views. Sometimes I'm wrong and the other guy is right, which leads me to revise my opinion. Sometimes the other guy picks up a useful piece of information from me. That's how it works. On CR you can expect to be challenged, and you can expect a bit of banter. If you can't handle that, I think really you should try another site ;)
I can respect that logic, and also well said. But as i said, as well .. One can choose not to debate or argue over certain topic if one so chooses.

Upvote 0