Canon releases Q3 2021 financials, and lets us know 2 more RF lenses are coming this year

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has released its financial report for Q3 of 2021. All things considered, Canon will be pretty close to achieving projected sales numbers, with only a small drop to their sales projections due to the global chip shortage.
It also looks like we’ll see two more RF lenses announced in 2021 according to Canon’s presentation materials. There are currently 24 RF mount lenses including the RF 5.2mm f/2.8L Dual Lens Fisheye.
Imaging-Cameras
The camera market remained solid thanks to the strength of personal consumption, particularly in Europe and the United States, and the launch of new full-frame mirrorless cameras by each company stimulated the need for high-quality image expression. However, due to the global shortage of parts, the size of this year’s market is now projected to be 5.9 million units, 100 thousand units fewer than in our previous projection. Similarly, we expect our own unit sales to be 2.95 million units, 50 thousand units fewer than in our previous projection.
As...

Continue reading...

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
No mention of new bodies. Could mean rumors are wrong or Canon not wanting to tip their hand. Big whites are overdue and would be appropriate for the R3. Or they may be focusing on additional consumer lenses given how successful they’ve been.

Upvote 0
I would love to see that compact 28-70mm F 2.8 NON L-lense of the patent posted a short time ago, but I guess if that one is coming it´s going to be next year. There is not a single affordable (less than 1500 $/€) fast standard zoom for the RF-mount so far.
Adapted EF lenses are still perfect for R mount and are very reasonably priced especially in the second hand market. I have 5 EF lenses that I am not planning to replace with RF - where a replacement exists. The control ring is great for some but I am still not using it yet

Given that the RF 400/600mm lenses have been released, I would seem logical to me that the 500/800mm (maybe 300mm) would be released next before the winter olympics starting 4-Feb-2022.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Not my desire, but my guess:
  • Canon RF 18-45mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
  • Canon RF 24mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro
At least that way, we would know what the 18-45 is all about (APS-C or Full Frame). Actually, I'd be at least mildly interested in a 24mm f1.8 if it's another bargain RF lens.

Upvote 0