Canon Rumors site update

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Wholly Moly....something really changed since I last was on.

Ok, I finally found the forum list button...I can at least find the tops to look in.

My usual thing I used to do, was first click "threads I've posted in"...

Is that still here hidden somewhere?

Also, from the Home Screen, any time I click enter discussion, it opens up in a new tab instead of the same page?!?
Is there a setting to fix this back to the old way again, where it stays on same page and doesn't open a new tab?

I know no one like change....but takes time to get used to.

That home page is gonna take some getting used to, haha. The old site was much easier to quickly scroll through each day and see what was new, etc.

Anyway, the new tab thing and how to find threads I've posted in info would be helpful please.

Thank you in advance,

cayenne

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Following up.
I need to clarify something I've found.

If you are on main page and click the forum link on top menu, it opens up in same page.

However, if you are on main page...click and article and it opens on that page and you scroll down and on there click "go to discussion"...that is when it annoyingly opens up a new tab where it sends you to the forum thread for that article.

Just need to fix so that that link also opens in same page.

Thank you,

C

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Slightly off-topic, but it seems like the new design has really had a negative impact on forum participation. Not being able to quickly see new posts and threads on the front page seems to be discouraging users.
I agree....it really has cut down on the lively daily chats....

They really need to bring back the chat page highlights on the front page again.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
I am getting tired of having to say "never ask again" to the question about whether I want to receive push notifications (I do not!). I don't get that question daily, but I do seem to get it every two or three weeks. There seems to be some confusion about the meaning of "never" :)

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Interesting.
I've never gotten that prompt...is this via email or does the site pop something up to you when you open the site up?
C

Upvote 0