Canon USA clearing out refurbished EF mount lenses and cameras with big discounts

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon USA has aggressively discounted a selection of refurbished Canon EF lenses and camera bodies. All refurbished Canon gear from the Canon USA store carry a full 1-year Canon USA warranty. There are some amazing deals here if you happen to be shooting with a Canon DSLR. These are also some great deals if you

See full article...

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
If only some of these would come over the pond to the UK. We just don't get these kinds of refurb deals here.
travel to the states, buy three lenses and the savings will pay for your flight :)

No, I feel you... Canon Germany (or Europe) is just too expensive compared to the rest of the (Canon) world...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
travel to the states, buy three lenses and the savings will pay for your flight :)

No, I feel you... Canon Germany (or Europe) is just too expensive compared to the rest of the (Canon) world...
In the states, I can buy (at certain times) refurb a RF 50mm f1.8 lens for only $89. Here in the UK, the cheapest I can find it for is £269. Ok, that includes uk VAT @ 20% , hoever, the UK Pound is worth a lot more than the US Dollar. Ignoring the exhange rate and assuming a $=£, the UK lens is 300% more expensive.

Upvote 0
In the states, I can buy (at certain times) refurb a RF 50mm f1.8 lens for only $89. Here in the UK, the cheapest I can find it for is £269. Ok, that includes uk VAT @ 20% , hoever, the UK Pound is worth a lot more than the US Dollar. Ignoring the exhange rate and assuming a $=£, the UK lens is 300% more expensive.
That's absolutely insane! The mark-up is nowhere acceptable.

Upvote 0