Go ad-free and more by becoming a Canon Rumors PRO.

HikeBike

R6
CR Pro
Feb 6, 2019
Maryland, USA
I'd be more inclined to pay for a Pro membership if the site name had correct spelling, after all, "rumours" is the correct English (the language of England) spelling... just saying. Then again, it also annoys me no end when I see the unit of length incorrectly named in Canon User Manuals as "meters" instead of the correct international spelling of "metres".
On a different note, amongst all the kerfuffle about the R5 and R6's video capabilities which I couldn't give a fat rat's clack about, I've noticed very little media attention to the outstanding shutter life ratings on the new cameras, being 300,000 for the EOS R6 and a staggering 500,000-shot shutter life for the R5. That alone means far more to me than all of the video stuff combined.
@Canon Rumors Guy ... Time to create canonrumours.co.uk and do some rebranding. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
I'd be more inclined to pay for a Pro membership if the site name had correct spelling, after all, "rumours" is the correct English (the language of England) spelling... just saying.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bet Noah Webster was always bottom of his school class at spelling and so thought " I'm going to create a dictshonary wer words r spelt as they sownd"

• Haha
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I'd be more inclined to pay for a Pro membership if the site name had correct spelling, after all, "rumours" is the correct English (the language of England) spelling... just saying. Then again, it also annoys me no end when I see the unit of length incorrectly named in Canon User Manuals as "meters" instead of the correct international spelling of "metres".

For the record, www.canonrumours.com works :)

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

HikeBike

R6
CR Pro
Feb 6, 2019
Maryland, USA
CR is a Canada-based site, and Canadians use British spelling, as do India and Australia, the majority of English speakers.
I knew it was Canada-based, but made a bad assumption that Canada used the American spelling of the word (actually because of this site). Thanks for the clarification.

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bet Noah Webster was always bottom of his school class at spelling and so thought " I'm going to create a dictshonary wer words r spelt as they sownd"

I find it even funnier because the U serves no actual phonetic purpose, it's just gratuitous padding. And the Brits aren't consistent about it either, since horror isn't spelled horrour.

Upvote 0