Here’s a full list of what will be announced with the Canon EOS R3 this month

slclick

PINHOLE
Dec 17, 2013
Well, it IS only 24MP. Arguably on a mirrorless design, even a consumer 16/2.8 can deliver that... 14-45mm is the sweet spot where SLR designs always had to be highly compromised to leave film-flange clearance for the mirror.
Well, it IS only 24MP. Arguably on a mirrorless design, even a consumer 16/2.8 can deliver that... 14-45mm is the sweet spot where SLR designs always had to be highly compromised to leave film-flange clearance for the mirror.
How ricockulous is that logic. The flagship Canons have been 20MP for how long? Plus, announcing things at the same time doesn't necessarily mean they are matched like a set.

Reactions: Skux and unfocused

dboris

EOS M50
May 11, 2015
While I'm excited by the idea of having a wireless "Stereo Microphone DM-E1D" microphone,
the Canon DM-E1D microphone is a BAD microphone. Probably the DM-E1D will be the same just wire-less.
Hopping Rode will be able to design something better using Canon's multifunction hot shoe.

adrian_bacon

EOS M6 Mark II
Aug 12, 2020
I enjoyed his video, I'm not usually a huge fan. It was good to get it in hand to get a proper view of it. I still hold vague hopes 24MP is understating the sensor size but who knows. Hopefully it will all be out in the open soon.
I'm not a regular watcher either, but it came up on the suggestion list and wasn't super long, so I said, why not? Not really anything new we didn't already know/suspect.

canonmike

EOS R6
CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
Waiting for rebate on R5 to be announced. I don't need the R3. I have one R5, will buy more when rebate is announced. Fingers crossed it'll be this month. Rebate info, please. :)
That would be nice. In the meantime, it's encouraging to see that one can buy a refurb R5 at a reduced price, direct from the Canon store.

FrenchFry

Wildlife enthusiast!
Jun 14, 2020
  • ST- is a Speedlite Transmitter, I suspect they jumped from the ST-E3-RT to the ST-10 with new features using the extra hotshoe connectivity
  • AD- is used on some of their power supplies, so I suspect it's a power adapter of some sort but that's a guess. Maybe a USB-C PD adapter to power the camera and charge a battery in-camera?
  • DM- is directional microphone (I have the DM-100 for my Vixia camcorder, there is currently a DM-E1 for for EOS cameras, so the DM-E1D should be similar
  • ER- denotes a strap, e.g. the ER-100B is the neck strap for the EOS R
One interesting thing to note...
The ST-E3-RT sells for $300+, and this new ST-10 has leaked pricing of $119.
Almost as if it's a more entry level transmitter, but for a fancier hotshoe? I'm curious to see how this gets pulled off?
1631490397034.png