Hide troll button

Mar 25, 2011
Its not a option in SMF.

CR is planning to switch to vbulletin, it can be modified to show a ignore user button with custom buttons added into the post template by the administrator. vbulletin is very flexible that way.

Why not send a suggestion to CR guy.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-80262.html

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Why not send a suggestion to CR guy.

I didn't want to send him an email because I'm sure he's busy. The explanation for this forum category says that it's also for suggestions, so I thought he either looks around or the moderators forward the interesting stuff.

It's good to know that he's planning a switch to a software that has this feature.

Upvote 0
Don't you think that a DeTroll button would disect entire thread conversations? I am not sure I would want this, although I am also getting fed up with way the forum has become less focused on photography, while adding more focus on issues like product comparisons, tests and such with a focus on a certain testing site praising Nikon, where we already know their results are not balanced at all.

Upvote 0

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
AmbientLight said:
Don't you think that a DeTroll button would disect entire thread conversations?

On other boards there are per-post ratings, and there is the option to collapse posts with bad ratings by default and then only expand them if you really must. I hope this is an option after the vb upgrade.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
AmbientLight said:
Don't you think that a DeTroll button would disect entire thread conversations? I am not sure I would want this, although I am also getting fed up with way the forum has become less focused on photography, while adding more focus on issues like product comparisons, tests and such with a focus on a certain testing site praising Nikon, where we already know their results are not balanced at all.

If you choose to not see posts from another, its presumably because you feel his posts are adding no value to the conservation. Posts will only be ignored for the person ignoring them, and not for everyone. Those who do not use the ignore button would continue to see all posts.

Upvote 0